It feels good to be back!

| |






September 8, 2010


Shirt: Gap
Skirt: J. Crew
Necklace: Mink (Portland, OR)
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider (Nordstrom Rack)

Today was the first day in quite a few that we had power for the entire day. Unfortunately, when there is no power, there is also no water, so believe me; you haven’t missed much in terms of outfits. With all the devastation, I haven’t really felt inspired and have pretty much worn cutoffs and tanks each day while wandering the town, chatting with locals and offering help. The return of water finally allowed us to start really cleaning our new place, so my boyfriend and I spent the majority of the day scrubbing, washing, and spraying for bugs….anyone who has ever lived in the tropics knows that cleaning takes on new meaning when one fears what could be lurking under every surface. Much like the “rodents of unusual size” in The Princess Bride, here we have bugs of unusual size and I am determined to rid our house of them as much as possible. Between feeling a bit depressed hearing story after story of people evacuating their homes and feeling lightheaded from all the bleach and cockroach spray, I looked forward to a hot shower (the water heater is finally up and running) and wearing something other than shorts. I have to admit that I have been concerned about the blog and worried that the lack of posts would result in the demise of Style by Santina. Despite feeling selfish for worrying about a blog at a time like this, it did feel good to be back to taking outfit pics.

Since I still haven’t unpacked, I’m still trying to put together outfits from the top layers of my bags. Once I pulled out this nautical striped t-shirt, I knew exactly what I wanted to wear with it: my pink patent boat shoes. I can’t believe I actually considered returning these! Not only are they adorable, but they are perfect for life by the ocean. I wanted to take a break from shorts, so I decided on this denim skirt. While temperatures have cooled slightly, the humidity has not let up so once again accessories were kept to a minimum: just a simple key necklace.

These pictures were taken just about three feet from my front door, and I couldn’t help snapping one of the view from the patio. Not too shabby, eh? Oh, and anyone who knows me in real life is certainly not surprised that I have already made friends with every kitty that I’ve come across, and this one was all too happy to pose for some photos with me!


6 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

You look adorable in stripes....truly:)

Cute kitty:)
Statements in Fashion

Miranda said...

Love the shoes, I have been tempted to buy a pair
http://washingtondcfashion.blogspot.com/

Elle Sees said...

glad you're ok! loving the view! and glad you;re back.

erin said...

YAY! It's back! You look gorgeous.

Sarah said...

I hope everything is getting better for you dear!! I love this outfit, especially the shoes- just adorable!! Still loving your new hair xxxx

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

so glad things are looking up!! The boat shoes are going to be super practical - and a pop of color everytime you wear them! I just bought a nautical sweater, I think you're going to approve. I hope Marley doesn't get jealous of all the new kitty-friends you're making!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...