Hola de Mexico!

| |





September 1, 2010


Tank: Gap
Skirt: Forever 21
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Urban Outfitters)
Necklace: J. Crew
Adorable kitty: Oregon Humane Society

After months and months of anticipation (and seemingly endless packing), I am now living in a small beach town in Mexico! It didn’t quite seem real last night when we arrived after a rather long day of travel, but when I awoke this morning and walked out onto my ocean view patio, I knew it was real. Although leaving Portland was more difficult than I expected, I couldn’t be happier with this decision!

My first day of life on the beach was nothing but relaxing. I spent most of the morning hanging out with Marley to be sure he’s happy and adjusting well. It took us two planes, one boat, and three taxis to arrive, and that’s a lot of travel for a kitty who previously had never travelled more than two hours to the Oregon coast, by car nonetheless. Seeing him look more than content, I decided to head to the beach. I love the beach, and nothing soothes my slightly high strung soul like the ocean. I think my outfit pics will mostly be taken in early evening as I am on my way to dinner since during the day I will likely be dressed in looks like this one:

[Romper and swimsuit: Victoria's Secret / Beach bag: Gap / Flip flops: Havaianas (Nordstrom Rack) / Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)]

Anyhow, for dinner with my boyfriend, I mostly wanted to stay cool. There’s a reason this town is empty right now: it’s hot! I picked up this skirt on my final trip to Forever 21 just before leaving Portland; I love the colors and watercolor-like print. Normally I prefer strict patterns, like stripes and geometric prints, so I think my new relaxed environment has gone straight to my head because it's the first thing I reached for! I paired it with a simple tank and flip flops. While I wanted to wear more accessories, it’s just too hot right now, so I added a necklace and nothing else.

Obviously leaving a city for a small town will bring changes to my daily outfits. I have to admit that I fear my more casual style will result in fewer readers and Style by Santina will largely be read by friends and people I know in real life (not that I don’t love you guys!). That being said, I have a few ideas for new projects and challenges that will hopefully keep you all interested. If there is anything you’d like to see in the coming months, please let me know!

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that purple look! So perfect for a beautiful location. I would love to see pictures of where you are now living. I bet it is fabulous. I am a bit jealous now I will admit!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

erin said...

Solamente quiero verle, amiga :)

erin said...

Y sos bellisima en Mexico!

Collette Osuna said...

You look fabulous.....good luck to you in your new beautiful place.....Im sure you will do fine:)

Grit and Glamour said...

Yay! Congrats on your move. Totally exciting.

Your hair looks AMAZING, and you look so happy! Fantastico!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com

Ashley said...

EEEE!! So exciting! so many things to say in the 30 second work break i am taking::

1. marley is so cute. if you could put a mini sombrero on him, i would love it.

2. love your hair! looks so different but i love that i can see more of your face!

3. cute outfits

4. local shopping post would be cool

glad everything is going well so far!!

xoxo, Ash

devilishlypleasurable said...

love the ensemble. . and you look very spunky there. lovely cat too

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...