Calle Mariposa

| |







September 13, 2010


T-shirt: J. Crew
Skirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Sloan (Portland, OR)
Shoes: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)

After days and days of waiting around for Telmex (the sole internet provider here) and endless calls promising that the internet would be up “maƱana”, we finally got internet at the house today! I am thrilled to be back in touch with friends and family on a more regular basis, and I even managed to stream an episode of Jersey Shore despite the slow speed. Today, friends, is a happy day…except that I am now quite sick, but nothing to be too concerned about. I have a long history of getting sick within two weeks of entering another country. It really never fails; I am that girl! Hopefully I don’t look as bad as I feel, but even if I do, I was determined to get back to blogging. I’ve seriously considered putting Style by Santina on hold for a bit. Perhaps I’m just adjusting or maybe I’m focusing on my spell of bad luck a bit too much, but I haven’t really felt myself. I’m worried that my transition from city style to something much more casual will completely destroy all that I’ve worked so hard for over the last few months. Feeling empowered by the return of internet, I decided to push my insecurities aside and get out for some pictures even while feeling ill…I didn’t really go too far though. I actually live at the end of this street, hence, the name of this post.

Unsurprisingly, I chose stripes on a day when not quite feeling myself. I love stripes. I actually wanted to wear this skirt with just a simple white tee last time I wore it, but at the time I was still working in an office and felt a little self-conscious about the snug fit, particularly on my butt. Taking full advantage of my newfound freedom, I paired it with a white tee, a necklace with antique keys and more stripes on my feet. Yet again I went without a purse, which is quite the adjustment for me. I love my handbags, but most of them are stored away in Portland with the majority of my clothing and shoes. I did bring along a few, but it’s so humid that wearing a purse just results in even more sweat. With a white t-shirt, more sweat would be unacceptable, so I took advantage of the skirt’s pockets and carried only the essentials. (Alright, I actually made my boyfriend carry everything in the cargo pockets of his shorts.)

Do you have a go to style when you’re not quite feeling yourself? Something you know will make you happy with little effort?

6 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the stripes and the relaxed look..you look gorgeous!!!

Statements in Fashion

Closet Fashionista said...

LOVE the skirt!!! And oh no, I hope you feel better soon!!
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

the Citizen Rosebud said...

Hello my stripe-lovin' soul sister! You are a breath of fresh air and look amazing as always. I see we have the same shoes, I love them, but alas I got them wet and now they are lumpy on the bottom, not so fun. But yours look wonderful, and maybe next year, I can get myself a new pair!

Ashley [Free Honey] said...

Stripes cheer me up too! Love this skirt. I'm also a big fan of a nice plain white tee. You don't look sick at all here, maybe a little less emotive then usual, but that's it.

Saw your tweet about the earthquake - hope everything's all right!! It seems you picked quite a natural disaster friendly part of MExico to relax in!

Grit and Glamour said...

You look great...so sorry to read about all the crazy things that have happened in the very short time since you moved to your new city! Hopefully everything will settle down now.

For some reason, I thought I had already followed you on Bloglovin', but I had not. I am now!

I've added you to my blogroll too.

Cheers to your Internet connection!

♥ V
http://www.gritandglamour.com

Becca [Free Honey] said...

Don't go quitting on us. If there was one big take away from the IFB conference last week it was this whole blogging thing takes TIME to get going and that you need to be yourself. Right now, "yourself" is having a fanastic adventure in Mexico, and I couldn't be more jealous (well, except for the natural disasters). If you're thinking of quitting, make sure you only do it if it stops being fun or making you happy. Don't do it for anyone else. Maybe you just need to settle in and find a new niche of blogs to read and followers to woo. If you build it, they will come. Also, I happen to think this outfit is great. But then again I'm a sucker for skirts with pockets! I'm easy to please.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...