A woman of her word

| |






August 7, 2010

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Shirt: BCBG Max Azria
Shorts: Citizens of Humanity (gift)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift)
Bangles: See by Chloe (Nordstrom Rack) and Express
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift)

I said I would wear these wedges enough to make me feel less guilty about diverging from my strict shopping rules, and I meant it. I wore them for a day of shopping with a friend and they are so comfortable that I never once regretted that decision. On a day that I planned to try on as many summer clothes as possible, I went with a comfortable and casual look of cutoffs and a t-shirt. Temperatures were quite cool for August, so I added my military jacket and rolled the sleeves up above my elbows. I finished it off with playful accessories: my favorite watch necklace, a few bangles, and a bag with neon pink accents.

Ever since I started this blog, I’ve wanted to take outfit pictures in front of this mural. It’s on a busy street and happens to be directly across the street from a popular breakfast spot (one that often has large crowds waiting outside), so I started to think I wouldn’t get any before I left Portland. Taking outfit pictures seems to attract enough attention; I didn’t really want to entertain the breakfast crowd. As we drove past late on Saturday afternoon, after the breakfast spot closed, it was noticeably less busy so I had to take advantage. Surprisingly, no one paid us much attention except for a very lovely dog who is regrettably absent from all the photos.

My shopping trip was quite disappointing. I waited a little too long to start shopping for summer clothes, especially since summer only just arrived here in Portland and I have been in serious save mode for my big move. At this point there is very little selection, and many of the places I turn to for summer staples are full of fall staples. Ah, fall…my favorite season for which to dress, but I can’t say I’m sad to skip it this year. After six long, rainy years in Portland, I think I more than deserve some sun and warmth!

1 comments:

Ashley said...

I think those shoes can totally go to Mexico with you. I mean heels in the sand would be ridiculous, but wedges would be just fiiiine. I think you should consider this, Santina.

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...