When in doubt, wear 'em so you can't return 'em!

| |





August 15, 2010


Dress: Kensie (Nordstrom Rack)
Scarf: Zac Posen for Target
Shoes: Sperry Top-Sider (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel on Newbury St. Boston)

As I’ve mentioned before, I have some preppy roots in my fashion history, but after that stage was over I pretty much avoided the look completely. That is until recently, of course. When I spied pink patent boat shoes on the shelf in Nordstrom Rack, I was more than a little excited, especially since just the day before I decided I wanted a cute pair. I had a mild case of buyer’s remorse when I arrived home with not only this pair but three others, so to be sure I couldn’t return them (how could I?) I decided to wear them to brunch. I love them.

It was quite hot again today and a dress was the only thing I considered wearing. While this one is denim, it’s lightweight and short enough to still be cool. I thought the scarf fit the nautical spirit of the shoes, but I wasn’t sure if I could pull it off in the heat. It was just fine as long as I kept it loosely wrapped around my neck. I also waited to take photos until the end of the day as the sun was starting to go down. This dock proved to be a perfect location not only because I was wearing boat shoes but also because there was a cool breeze that made taking these pictures much more enjoyable than I expected…then the evening took an unexpected twist.

As we were driving home, we drove past an apartment building and I spotted a tiny dog on a second floor window ledge! I couldn’t just leave him there, so we parked and went to see what was going on. The poor little guy had pushed his way through the cardboard (yes, cardboard) stuffed beside an air conditioner. Unable to talk him into going back through the hole and after several unsuccessful attempts at reaching the apartment owner or building manager, I tried to call for help. In the process, a few people across the street noticed what they perceived as an entertaining scene: a suicidal dog and a girl trying to talk him out of it. Of course, I was telling him not to jump; I really think he would have broken a leg! In the end two slightly intoxicated men saved the day as one stood on the other’s shoulders and pushed the poor little dog back through the hole but only after he managed to piss on them both for a hilarious finish to a rather strange situation.

8 comments:

Rucha said...

haha..that story made me laugh!! i absolutely ADORE your scarf..ill try to find it next time i go to target.
have a wonderful day!!

Becca said...

The post title had me laughing, I think I should adopt this as my new life motto. A true mantra for the impulse buying set.

Jade "Purple" Brown said...

cute outfit, i love your hair too!

jadepurplebrown.blogspot.com

erin said...

Hmmm... It looks like it was pretty shady down on the dock. I thought it NEVER got shady down by the river. Haha. Good story, great outfit.

Zabrinah said...

I love the outfit! Especially, that dress! It's so lovely!

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

Emily, Ruby Slipper Traveller said...

Cute story with the suicidal dog! I love boat shoes, and yours are pretty much awesome!

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

I love the scarf and your boat shoes! You look adorable and you really had me cracking up! ;)

xx,
Helena
www.BrooklynBlonde.com

Rūta said...

that's a very great outfit, very nice shoes. I think they give a lot of to the outfit. i noticed you love bright accesories- that's a great thing that makes your style more special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...