That's what you wore to a doctor's appointment?

| |


 





August 5, 2010

Tank: Banana Republic
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: J. Crew
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)

It’s easy for me to slip into a routine of wearing jeans and a t-shirt, especially now that I'm no longer working. It’s been liberating to wear things that I couldn’t to the office but it was time to bring out something a little fancier than jeans. After all, in less than a month, I will be living on the beach with nothing but my most causal clothes in my closet. Knowing this, I have tried to avoid buying things that are just going to be put in storage in month; I’ve mostly been successful but there are times when I just can’t help myself. I don’t think anyone would say these shoes are appropriate for life in a beach town with dirt and cobblestone roads but a girl can only hold out for so long. I convinced myself that it would be okay to buy them if I wore them a lot in the next month, so I wore them the very next day.

I chose this outfit around the shoes and it came together quickly. It was quite hot so for an afternoon of errands, a simple skirt and tank with only a necklace seemed perfect. I love the pastel ribbons of this necklace paired with the black tank, and they perfectly match the colors in the skirt. I needed a big bag to lug around my necessities for the day and this one has room to spare.

When I returned home, my boyfriend’s younger brother, with whom we live, and I chatted about our days and when I revealed that I had just returned from a doctor’s appointment, his response was “that’s what you wore to a doctor’s appointment?!” I thought that was hilarious and immediately knew it would be the title of this post. It made me realize that I very rarely dress with function in mind unless I am hiking or surfing, etc. I am totally an emotional dresser, so when I woke up feeling slightly stressed about the day ahead I decided a cute skirt and huge wedges would make it all better. Do you consider your plans for the day when getting dressed or is it all about how you feel?

6 comments:

jemina said...

YES YES YES, you look magnificent, as always your looks are INSPIRATIONAL!!! Loving how you match your beautiful outfit with the shoes, you are definitely a beauty with an edge, WOWZA!!! xoxo

The Village Idiot said...

love the flirty skirt!!

Ashley said...

Hahahaha, boys are so silly sometimes... I think you made a great choice in buying those shoes, they pretty much rock.

PS thanks for your pairing suggestion, I'm def going to try that next for my bustle dress!

xoxo, Ashley

Ans said...

Love everything, super cool outfit!!
xxx

T. said...

I like how you fit in with the painted wall(?) in the background.

Ans said...

Love everything, super cool outfit!!
xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...