Stripes and seals

| |







August 4, 2010

Sweater: Gap
Shorts: J. Crew
Necklace: J. Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

It seems I have a bit of a uniform when getting dressed in a rush: denim and stripes. Today was no exception, and as I hurriedly pulled together an outfit for a casual lunch I found myself instinctively reaching for both. It’s not surprising that when there’s little time I stick to my tried and true; I know stripes will never disappoint. It was quite gray and cool, so I took advantage and wore this comfortable lightweight sweater (last seen here). How do you say “weather upgrade” in Spanish?

I recently bought these denim shorts when they were on super sale at J. Crew. They really can’t compare to my other pair, which were worn for nearly ten years by my best friend before they made their way to me as cutoffs, so I haven’t worn them much. I liked the dark rinse paired with the navy stripes in the sweater and decided to give the other pair a day off (but just one!). Shorts always beg for wedges and this pair was still where I left them yesterday. Does anyone else pull out whatever is closest when in a rush?

What’s your go to style when you have little time to think about your outfit?

4 comments:

jemina said...

I LOVE Stripes!!! your tee looks so comfy and you look awesome as usual, and I love your pics with those seals, so cute!!! I would grab whatever was in my closet too, but I make sure I load on my jewellery :)), have a wonderful day sweetie, mwah! xoxo

Emma said...

i love your sweater! gap is one of my favorites!

erin said...

What happened to your header?

Ashley said...

I still really want those wedges...nevermind that I've bought two pairs of wedges this summer, those ones are still the ones that got away! It depends on the season for my go-tos but ths summer I have two sundresses that I use as my weekend whatever dresses, both are comfy, easy to wear, and cute.

I like how your casual look includes wedges!

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...