Sometimes I just reach for whatever is closest

| |





August 23, 2010


T-shirt: Rodarte for Target
Skirt: J. Crew
Wedges: Banana Republic
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc, Boston)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

After a morning workout, I spent almost the entire day in sweats, packing away the majority of my winter clothes. It made me wish I started my blog earlier; I love my fall and winter wardrobe. Layers, boots, sweaters, and tights? Yes, please! But, not this year…there will be no fall for me, so everything is getting neurotically folded and packed away. When it came time to get dressed to run a few errands and go out for dinner, I realized I had made a complete mess of my summer wardrobe, as well. My outfit choice was mostly the result of grabbing whatever was closest and not already packed.

This skirt is definitely coming to Mexico with me. I can wear it with anything, and I love the shape and pockets. This t-shirt was sitting on top of the nearest pile of clothes, and I just can’t resist a bow tie. The rest of the look was chosen just as lazily. Do the shoes and bag look familiar? I wore them Saturday night and still hadn’t put them away…don’t judge me. I am in such a mess with packing that not putting away a pair of shoes and a bag is the least of my concerns.

9 comments:

T. said...

That T-Shirt looks so cute on you!

erin said...

I love that tee. You're gonna inspire me to drag mine out and wear it. Great outfit, even if you were lazy about it. Where are you in that pic?

Closet Fashionista said...

I almost got that Rodarte shirt! But they didn't have my size :/
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

I give you credit for being able to part with such a huge part of your wardrobe. I'd be in illogical hysterics at this point. Packing does that to me. I'm a notoriously poor packer.

Also, you're comment on my pattern wearing made me smile today! So, thanks. And I'm getting to that email, I'm just deliriously tired right now! Don't worry - I have plenty to say!

The October Issue said...

I wish I would have bought the Rodarte for Target dresses.

Britty said...

this is my first time at your blog! and i love it pulling it on blog list


love your outfit and your hair cut!

The Village Idiot said...

you look adorable!
that shirt is awesome!

Mary @ stylefyles said...

I like that tee shirt a lot. It's quirky and cute! Definitely works!

Britty said...

this is my first time at your blog! and i love it pulling it on blog list


love your outfit and your hair cut!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...