Slacker!

| |





August 27, 2010


T-shirt: Express
Shorts: Citizens of Humanity (gift)
Socks: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Belt: J. Crew
Necklace: Forever 21
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)

First of all, I have to apologize for slacking a bit the last week or so. In all honesty, the move completely consumed nearly every moment and when I wasn’t packing I was trying to squeeze in as much time with friends as possible. The good news is that I just finished packing, and by Tuesday afternoon I will be living on the beach with plenty of time to devote to the blog…even if with a much smaller wardrobe.

I threw this outfit together by reaching into a pile of clothes that had yet to be packed. I planned to spend the entire day packing but took a quick break for one last run to Forever 21 and to pick up my final batch of dry cleaning. Feeling a bit overwhelmed, cutoffs and a t-shirt were the perfect choice, but I didn’t want to look boring. I’ve wanted to wear socks for ages (especially since Erin wore these), and there wasn’t much time left. I’m not quite sure about this sock and shoe combination, but there really wasn’t much time to debate not to mention nearly all my other shoes were packed. I think socks and sandals will always be a tough choice for me…it kind of brings back nightmares of my college years spent in Vermont although I’m fairly confident this combination is a little chicer than wool socks and Birkenstocks.

5 comments:

20 York Street said...

I really gotta try the socks and sandals trend as it looks so cool on you!

xoxo,

http://twentyyork.blogpot.com

Chelsey Kates said...

It's adorable! I think if the socks special, then they enhance the sandals. I'm so sorry I missed you this weekend, I'm covered in bruises and exhausted from moving and would have much rather had a drink with you. I hope you have a great trip! I'll keep in touch :D

erin said...

Maybe I should bring some over the knee socks down to Mexico for you to keep the mosquitos off your legs. :)

Collette Osuna said...

Just found your blog...love it!!! LOve your hair..and those wedges are too fun!!!
New follower:)

The October Issue said...

cute socks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...