Putting on a brave face

| |






August 13, 2010


Dress: Staring at Stars (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Banana Republic
Necklace: J. Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

These pictures were hastily snapped in the last light of day. A happy hour in honor of my boyfriend’s last day of work turned out to be many hours that would have been happy had I not said goodbye to one of my best friends in Portland. Truth be told, I am more sentimental than I like to admit and I absolutely hate goodbyes. I always cry. When an airport is involved, I have been known to gasp for air between sobs in such a pathetic way that strangers reach out and ask if I’m okay. Needless to say I kept my sunglasses on as we headed to a wood fire oven pizza cart for a late dinner to drown my sorrows.

I bought this dress in a frantic search for light, summer clothes to bring with me to Mexico. I love anything black and white, and I really like the print of this dress. It feels fresher than my go to black and white stripes and the silhouette is quite flattering. I thought it was perfect for a hot afternoon spent on a patio sipping beer in the sun. It was too hot for loads of accessories, so I kept it simple with this ribbon necklace and animal print bangle. I always like a pop of color and as I so often do, I added it with my purse.

With the return of hot weather I find myself dressing more minimally and it’s giving me a taste of the style I will soon adopt for life on the beach. What’s your go to summer style when you know you’ll be sweating the minute you walk out the door?

10 comments:

erin said...

I am happy you posted pics of this outfit, cause I liked it :)

Ashley said...

I'm the same way with the heat - less is more.

Love the black & white motif, the bracelet is great with the dress. Just remember when you're saying farewell to Portland that it's not really goodbye to all your friends, it's just a see you later! Plus I'm sure around Feb you're gonna get a lot of visitors who are pretty darn sick of winter...hahah.

xoxo, Ashley

Kristy said...

Love the mix of patterns and prints on that dress :) Again, I adore the pop of red in this look!

My summer theme is "light and loose". I invested in a lot of loose sheer tank tops that I can pair up with shorts, skirts, or if it's long enough, I'd wear it as a dress (with shorts underneath of course, hahaha..)

www.monochromachic.com

sharonlei said...

What a fun little blog you have here. ;)

I love this dress. Great print and I'm a sucker for the box in the back and of course the pockets! Pockets make dresss so much more cuter.

Hope you're having a wonderful Sunday!

xx Love & Aloha

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

love this outfit! Big fan of the mixed patterns here!

jemina said...

I don't like good byes too, but with all things ending, there's always new beginnings. I am sure you will miss your friends dear, but someday you'll meet them again :))

and I LOVE this dress so much, I wish I could go shopping with you, I'm sure it's going to be so much FUN!!!

Take care sweetie and keep in touch always

Sending LOVE HUGS and BEAUTIFUL WISHES your way sweetheart

LOVE LOVE LOVE
Jemina, xoxo

ching said...

oooh amazing tattoo!
you are looking great on your ensemble.

thyaudaciousness.blogspot.com/

Nemerae said...

Love the print of that dress, and the sunglasses!!

pixelhazard said...

Oh i love the dress, especially the print and the razor back. Wish i had pants to rock in that print

http://brightgreenlaces.com

Cat said...

Love black and white and LOVE the print on this dress :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...