Peace out

| |






August 2, 2010

Dress: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Kors by Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

These pictures were taken right after I left my office for the very last time! For a girl who, just a few months ago, avoided pictures like I would a pair of Crocs, I actually love that we captured this moment. I am so excited about my next adventure and suddenly my move feels all the more real now that I am no longer working.

I was actually quite conflicted about what to wear on my last day. I tried on quite a few looks from boyfriend jeans to a tutu but in the end I decided upon this dress. The ruffles and confetti-like print are festive and feminine at the same time, and the exposed gold zipper on the back adds a little edge. I love zippers and couldn’t resist wearing a few more on my feet. I kept it simple with accessories, wearing only my wishbone necklace and a gold ring. My poppy colored bag was perfect with this dress, and since it was such a happy day, I couldn’t get enough color.

Now it’s time to start striking items off that rather intimidating to-do list…

7 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations, you are one step closer to a life of semi-permanent vacation! You sure did give them something to look at on your way out the door. Hot dress lady!

LyddieGal said...

You look so lovely, what a perfect look for a send-off! congrats!

Chic on the Cheap

jemina said...

Your 'confetti' dress was sure like a lil celebration :)) I LOVE the colours and the zip and ruffles details, the bag complement the whole outfit, and don't forget your good luck bone pendant :) BEST of all, I love how happy you look in every picture, nothing's like a beautiful radiant smile :), enjoy your next journey babe, and have a lovely day!!! LOVE, j, XOXO

Ashley said...

That is so exciting!!! I bet it felt fantastic to walk out that door. Confetti dress was probably made for such an occasion.

xoxo, Ashley

Sarah said...

So beautiful I love this dress and those shoes! Just perfect.

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

The Village Idiot said...

love the dress and the wishbone!
so excited that you get to do what i dream of doing!

Closet Fashionista said...

WOW! I love ittt! It looks even better on you than the model...I'm really tempted now but that sale is over anyways, haha
Maybe if i find it cheap somewhere :D
http://aclosetfashionista.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...