Meet Erin (and her fabulous socks!)

| |







August 18, 2010


On Erin:
Tank: Gap
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Sock: Ralph Lauren (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Mossimo (Target)
Necklace: J. Crew
Sunglasses: Kate Spade (Nordstrom Rack)
Watch: Raymond Weil (a gift)
Bag: Dooney & Bourke (Nordstrom)

On me:
Tank: Forever 21
Pants: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Wedges: Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Forever 21
Bracelet: H & M
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Tonight was a lovely ending to what started as a stressful day. When my happy hour plans fell through, I quickly filled that hole in my exceedingly busy social calendar for dinner and a movie with my boyfriend and best friend. The temperatures cooled quite a bit and settled into the mid-seventies, the temperature that allows you to comfortably wear pretty much anything. After my rough morning I had every intention of wearing something frilly so I’m not quite sure where this outfit came from! Maybe it was the thought of the always freezing movie theater or maybe I wore pants just because I could now that Portland’s first heat wave of the summer has ended. Once I decided on these pants, I immediately reached for this tank, which I bought on a recent trip to Forever 21. As evident in this last week’s posts, I also can’t get enough black and white, and the print perfectly matches the vibe of cargo pants. Never one to skip a pop of color, I grabbed my poppy colored bag, which I love with the olive pants.

It was a surprise to me when Erin agreed to a few pictures. I’ve tried to coerce her many times in the past but with no success…nothing even close to success. But, with a sandal and sock combo as cute as this one, who wouldn’t want to show off a bit? Seriously, how adorable are those pointelle socks? Erin kept the rest of the look just as soft as her sweet socks with a simple oatmeal tank, a flirty chambray skirt, and a lucite necklace. A preppy pink and green duck print bag finished off her polished but youthful look. No one appreciates preppy details like Erin, and I know how happy this bag makes her, which is exactly why I convinced her to buy it...in the middle of winter.

I know I’ve mentioned my genuine dislike of photos before I started this blog, but it still shocks me when I reach into my purse and grab a camera. When did I start carrying a camera? How did this happen? I kind of jumped into blogging without thinking about it too much because if I did I probably wouldn’t have done it and I’ve tried to ignore the changes it has discreetly brought on. Then there is a night like this one, when I am so happy that I had a camera to snap a few pictures of night spent with two of my favorite people in Portland (one of whom may or may not be coming to Mexico in my suitcase).

3 comments:

erin said...

1. After being on the other side of the camera, as I said last night, I am so impressed you do this day after day.

2. We are so cute. ;)

3. I will happily stow away in a suitcase.

Taylor B. said...

The two of you are so adorable!

Becca said...

Well aren't you two stylish peas in a pod! I love the idea of socks and heels (especially open toed shoes), because I hate feet (mine, yours, basically everyone's) and so the world of open toed shoes is a bit foreign to me. I'm looking to give this look a shot in the near future.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...