Let's be real

| |

 

 



August 9, 2010


Shirt: Victoria’s Secret
Jeans: Levis (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Gap
Necklace: Forever 21
Bangles: H&M (H&M on Newbury St. Boston)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I wasn’t going to take outfit pictures today. I was in a weird mood all day and the sudden downturn in weather (gray and low 60’s) wasn’t exactly inspiring. After a morning at the gym, I spent most of the day making phone calls (I hate the phone) and writing e-mails, as well as everyone’s favorite: paying bills. When I finally left the house to run errands, I reached for an outfit that fit my mood yet didn’t seem worthy of a post. I had just given up on taking photos when I realized it would be rather dishonest of me to present myself as someone who is always put together. I’m not. I’m also not dishonest. In fact, one might say I’m honest to a fault. Personally, I never think honesty is a bad thing, which is why I didn’t say “I might say…”

It makes me laugh to see the sun’s disappearance and the return of gray skies translated into a very “Portland” outfit. As I’ve mentioned many times, my style has been greatly molded by my gray surroundings over the years. I have never worn so much black. Or American Apparel. Or skinny jeans. And here I find myself in black skinny jeans and a v-neck. What can I say? Most days I will myself into a better mood with frills and colors but there are days when I kind of want to succumb to it. In terms of comfort, this outfit is a dream; these jeans are sculpted to my body after years of steady wear. The only color was found in the accessories. Does this necklace look familiar? Yes, I have another one just like it but with rhinestones. When I saw it in a teal and black tiger print, I just couldn’t resist. Wearing glasses around my neck almost makes me want to skip my contacts and wear my own glasses. Almost.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Love the sunglasses and the necklace!! so so cute! Hope you're well dear- not long now until the move?? xxxx

Becca said...

Sometimes I feel disingenuous only posting my best self on the blog, because truth be told, sometimes I'm a total wreck. You know, sitting in my jammies eating ice cream straight from the carton with a stain on my shirt while I'm writing my posts... that kind of mess. I need to make an effort to take pictures on my more casual days - hey, if they don't come out well I can always get rid of them. That said, I think your laid back look is totally cute, I'm not sure mine will live up to the same standard!

jemina said...

LOVE your post, and it's truly inspiring, and I think you still look amazing on your 'off' day(s), seriously loving that necklace and of course your hair is fabulous, Love, Hugs and Kisses babe, xoxo

jemina said...

LOVE your post, and it's truly inspiring, and I think you still look amazing on your 'off' day(s), seriously loving that necklace and of course your hair is fabulous, Love, Hugs and Kisses babe, xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...