It's not easy being green (with Shaq).

| |

 
  



 

August 16, 2009


Shirt: Ella Moss (Anthropologie)
Shorts: J. Crew
Shoes: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Gilt)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Boston)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs, San Francisco)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria

The heat wave continues here in Portland, and I decided to depart from my recent uniform of little more than the bare essentials: dress, bag, shoes. Somehow wearing something other than a dress or skirt seems to require much more effort on these hot days. Not that I’m complaining; I love the heat. I just don’t love that my car doesn’t have air conditioning.

I actually almost wore yet another black and white print dress but forced myself to wear a little color…even if just for a day (I might want to wear that dress tomorrow). Whenever I wear a green like this one, I have to feel a bit of Celtics pride. While I am in complete denial that one of my all time least favorite NBA players, Shaq, is now on my all time favorite team, I am certainly not a fair-weather fan and like to show the love all year round. Aside from the color, I love how the ruffles of this tank perfectly dress up my distressed denim cutoffs. I debated a number of pairs of shoes (including these and these) but decided on this pair of wedges because I’ve only worn them once since I bought them and I like to add a little height when wearing shorts. I love green paired with all blues and couldn’t resist wearing this bag.

Okay, I’ll admit it: my decision not to wear black and white again actually wasn’t a display of self control. I love black and white and have no issue wearing it day after day. Today was Marley’s first vet appointment to prepare him for our move to Mexico, and I knew I would be holding him a lot during the appointment so I didn’t want to wear black when I would be away from my lint roller. Even with a lint roller, I always feel like I have Marley’s white little hairs all over me although it has become increasingly difficult to discern his from mine!

8 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

What a great shade of green and you look great in it. The heat may be waving but you're looking cool.

Sarah said...

so jealous of your heat- summer is officially over here!
you look great in green- and those wedges are so cute- loving the matchyness! xxx

kerry said...

love the look!!!! the greens work really well. loving your blog as well, your hair is GORGEOUS by the way. i wish my hair was that immaculate, is it a lot of work or are you one of the lucky ones that does nothing at all?? definitely your new follower :)

http://www.repeatwithbrzen.blogspot.com

Collette Osuna said...

hello..just found your blog...love it!!! Those shoes are so cool....Im loving wedges this year....great outfit too!

Ashley said...

Yeah...I'm not a big fan of this acquisition either. He is SO over. Just retire. Must you be the Brett Farve of basketball?

That being said, I do always like some kelly green! Very cute look - i'm inspired at how you still get all cute just for errands!

xoxo, Ashley

ps why no Marley pics??

Front Row Mode said...

LOVING THE LOOK

peggy said...

HELLO LOVE UR BLOG PAGE CHECK OUT MY WWW.FASHIONLIFE-PEGGY.BLOGSPOT.COM

Bionica said...

I like it
those shoes are so fab!!!!

if you get a chance, check me out at http://pagescouture.blogspot.com and let me know what you think

thanks
-Bionica

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...