Free at last!

| |







August 3, 2010

Shirt: Forever 21
Jeans: People’s Liberation
Belt: Forever 21
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
Bag: Louis Vuitton (gift from my mom)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

It’s not often that you’ll catch me in a bohemian inspired look, but, drunk with my newfound freedom, I couldn’t think of anything more appropriate. I knew I wanted to wear this shirt but it wasn’t until I this post on Free Honey that I decided to wear it with these wide leg jeans. I bought these jeans during a time when I only wore skinnies, and while the leg seemed a little too exaggerated, I love the fit. They had been stowed away in the back of my closet for far too long and were perfect for an afternoon of running errands.

Saving enough money to take a break from working was no easy feat. I’m not a saver; I’m a shopper. I had to seriously cut back on shopping and, unable to resist temptation, I had to steer clear of shoes because it seems I can always justify a pair (or two or three). I have lusted for a pair of platform sandals, like the Jeffrey Campbell Splendid, but held back even while watching so many bloggers I love rock them in so many adorable ways. If I had them, I definitely would have worn them today. Instead, I pulled out these wedges, which were the perfect height for these jeans. With such a wide leg, I wanted all the height I could get. Feeling too carefree for lots of accessories, I wore only my cross body bag, a ring and sunglasses.

When you’re shopping, what’s the one thing you can’t resist?

6 comments:

Becca said...

Ahhh! I'm so thrilled to have inspired this outfit. This is exactly what I was envisioning for my flared jeans. I used to have some good ones, but I got rid of a lot of them in the great post-college closet purge. And now, here I am, wishing I still had them!

erin said...

Shoes and handbags are the things I can't resist. I remember when you used to wear those jeans more often, and I love them! I forgot all about them!

jemina said...

LOVE your look from head to toe!!! I too love the wide legged jeans :)), you are Fabulous!!! xoxo

Pretty Pleased said...

I'm with you on the shoes! Especially this season's hefty clog inspired boots...Love those jeans, the soft wash is boho-chic at it's best:) Thanks for the comments this morning!
MC
www.prettypleasedblog.com

Chris said...

Ahhh how sweet is your hair! You totally rock it, darling.

Mmmm.. good question. I can't resist a good pair of pants. I always find myself search for the perfect pant even though I already have so many pairs at home. Shoes definitely are a close second. Kudos to you for having the self-control to say no to those JCs!

jemina said...

LOVE your look from head to toe!!! I too love the wide legged jeans :)), you are Fabulous!!! xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...