"Brenda, I am a Spring Princess!"

| |







August 11, 2010


Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Dress: Rodarte for Target
Belt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Dolce Vita (Nordstrom Rack)
Bracelet: Nordstrom
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Vintage Louis Vuitton (gift)

I had planned to wear this outfit yesterday, but just as I was about to get dressed, my best friend, who I met up with later in the day, texted me to say that she was wearing this dress. Yes, we both own this dress. On that very early Sunday morning when the Rodarte collection hit Target stores, we both fell in love with this dress. We contemplated buying one and sharing it, but in the end we each wanted our own. We’ve yet to have a Kelly and Brenda spring dance moment but yesterday was a close call.

This might be the first time I’ve worn this dress without tights since I bought it way back in December and I think I love it even more as a summer frock. I adore the simple shape and classic neckline, but it’s the lace print that really won me over. I have a tendency to balance ultra feminine looks with studs, and this is just another example. I hadn’t worn this belt in far too long (it is my favorite, after all) and I couldn’t resist pairing it with this dress. I love the mix of metallics combined with the neutral colors of the dress. Because it was quite chilly when I got dressed, I threw on my lavender cardigan which has really served me well since I bought it (seen here and here and again here). I love the soft pastel against the tough studded belt. The color of the cardigan threw me when deciding on a bag. When I thought of wearing this outfit the day before, I planned to wear my poppy colored bag, but with the addition of the cardigan I was at a loss. In the end I went with this one because it was neutral and I liked the mix of prints, but once I took the cardigan off, I was a little disappointed that I didn’t have a pop of color.

How do you feel about buying something that a friend has? A friend buying something you have?

4 comments:

jemina said...

WOW!!! as always you never fail to impress!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! I'm loving your look from head to toe :) and please let me know when you are bored of this dress dear, HA HA HA :))
FABULOUS as always
BIG HUGS, LOVE and KISSES
MWAH MWAH!!!
Jemina, xoxo

Kristy said...

I adore those DV wedges! I tried them on before but they made my ankles look very chunky :( Boooo... I wish I could rock them as well as you!

I guess it's ok to own a few things that your friend also has. We all shop at the same stores (H&M, F21, ZARA, UO, Target, and the list goes on...) so it's bound to happen. What will make you different from her is how you style that piece to suit your personal style ;)

www.monochromachic.com

FASHION BUTTER said...

Yeah, I am pretty much obsessed with this look.

Nickie Frye said...

Super cute! I had a same-dress moment in middle school when my best friend & I both bought the same dress for the cotillion. Hers was silver & mine was pink, but they were otherwise exactly the same. We were idiots.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...