Black, white and pink all over!

| |







August 12, 2010


Tank: Express
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: Forever 21 (came with skirt)
Shoes: Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom Rack)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bangle: Tasha (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)

I bought this skirt the day before, and I couldn’t wait to wear it. I love, love, love black and white stripes! This look came together very quickly, just a simple tank and a skirt, but I have to say that while I love to dress up I often feel my prettiest in unfussy looks like this one. This basic look can be styled in so many ways but for a lunch date followed by errands I decided on sweet accessories and pops of color. This necklace always brings a smile to my face. I love the Betsey Johnson aesthetic: unabashedly girly and cute, and that’s exactly how I felt. I wanted to show my boyfriend a little extra love (his name begins with a “b”) since this is his last week of work and I am so very much looking forward to hanging out with him on the beach every day! Once I decided on the pink necklace, I felt a bit romantic and went with pink wedges, a pink bangle and a colorful bag. I intended to change into my tutu before going out for drinks in the evening, but I liked this look so much that I decided to only change out my shoes for a higher pair.

I have a question for all of the lovely ladies who rock Forever 21 on a regular basis. I noticed that this skirt is dry clean only despite being cotton. I can’t imagine that I would actually take it to the dry cleaners since the cost of one trip would be about half what I paid for the skirt. Would you dry clean it or throw it in the wash?

7 comments:

Becca said...

Loving the skirt! I'm totally a sucker for black and white stripes, though I don't know that bold stripes on the bottom would flatter my figure.

As to Forever 21, I always debate with dry cleaning. Sometimes I opt to try a hand wash, or just hold out for as long as I can without washing and item and then throwing it in the washer and hoping for the best. Gosh, I sound like the dirty kid after that confession. I promise I'm not!

jemina said...

LOVE that skirt, and if it is cotton I think hand wash is OK, but please try in small areas first to see it the colour runs / not. You look impeccable as always :)) wishing you the loveliest weekend babe
PS: I tagged you for a little Q&A, please head over to my blog to see it :))

BIG HUGS babe
Jemina, xoxo

Kristy said...

I fell in love INSTANTLY with that skirt. SERIOUSLY, I'm surprised it's from Forever 21. It's GORGEOUS! I love how your paired the outfit with bright accessories, like the purse and wedges ;)

I always wash my Forever 21 stuff in a washing machine. But for skirts, I like to hang dry them after wash. I haven't had any problem with this method so far :)

www.monochromachic.com

SAMI. said...

such a cute necklace! i have never seen that one offered by betsey before and i am a huge fan of hers :)!


xoxoxo
sami

Marusya V said...

Awesome skirt! Stripes and bold colors - absolutely love them!
xox
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com
p.s. Really like your blog. Fancy following each other?

Marusya V said...

Awesome skirt! Stripes and bold colors - absolutely love them!
xox
Marusya V
http://crashingred.com
p.s. Really like your blog. Fancy following each other?

jemina said...

LOVE that skirt, and if it is cotton I think hand wash is OK, but please try in small areas first to see it the colour runs / not. You look impeccable as always :)) wishing you the loveliest weekend babe
PS: I tagged you for a little Q&A, please head over to my blog to see it :))

BIG HUGS babe
Jemina, xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...