Another hot day, another black and white dress

| |








August 17, 2010


Dress: Lux (Urban Outfitters)
Slip Dress: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Bracelet: Tara (Nordstrom)
Bag: Juicy Couture (Nordstrom)

This is the dress I wanted to wear yesterday but resisted and opted for color instead. Feeling a little guilty about all the black and white I’ve been wearing, I decided to add colorful accessories to brighten up this look. I almost wore my pink boat shoes yesterday, and when I tried them on with that green tank, my love of green paired with pink came rushing back. I opted for something else, but I still had it in mind today when I hurriedly got dressed (it’s sweltering in my bedroom).

I love the print of this dress, and even with the slip dress underneath, it’s still one of my coolest options for a hot day. These shoes were bought in the same shoe frenzy in which I bought my boat shoes. I felt a little guilty knowing that in two weeks I will tuck these adorable flats into storage for the foreseeable future, so I once again turned to my tried and true remedy for a case of buyer’s remorse: I wore them so I couldn’t return them. Problem solved. I added a pink bracelet and then decided to pull out this slouchy bag. It can hold more than you’d think by looking at it, and I love the color paired with the bright pink shoes. Both the shoes and bag have gold accents, so I finished the look with my wishbone necklace.

3 comments:

K said...

I really love the mix of colors here. And I am so happy to hear that I am not the only one that solves buyers remorse by wearing the thing Im remorseful about! :)

Kristy said...

I love how you always incorporate bright colors in your outfits without making them look tacky. The neon green and hot pink really compliment the black dress :)

www.monochromachic.com

Turquoise and Lily said...

wow i love your bag and shoes.. so stunning :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...