Wishing the weekend wasn't ending...

| |







July 5, 2010

Shirt: Thakoon for Target
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland

This outfit was a perfect ending to my holiday weekend. It was comfortable enough for yet another lazy day with just the right amount of Americana style to make me wish I wore it yesterday. I love stripes of all shapes, sizes and colors, and while I tend to wear them in mostly black and white, navy feels so much fresher.

Like most of my weekend looks, this one started with my boyfriend jeans. Temperatures are much cooler than I would like considering its JULY! Throwing on my new favorite pair of shorts was, sadly, out of the question, so I grabbed the next best thing. When I picked up these adorable shoes on a recent trip to Target I immediately knew that I wanted to wear them with this shirt. With all those stripes, I kept it simple with accessories, wearing only a gold wishbone necklace. This necklace draws a fair share of odd glances and questions like “is that a...wishbone?” Why yes, it is! What can I say? As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to have it. There is something irresistible to me about having a wish around my next…just in case.

And, while I did consider breaking it and wishing that the weekend wouldn't end, I kind of want to keep that spare wish hanging around my neck for a little while longer.

6 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I love stripes. I wear them all of the time.

LyddieGal said...

I think the wishbone necklace is so fabulous! I'd never want to break that little beauty.

Chic on the Cheap

erin said...

I love your new striped shoes with the striped shirt, and you know how much I love that shirt. I wish I had gotten a pair of those shoes...

Josie said...

I am LOVING your little striped shoes! Especially with those charming boyfriend jeans rolled up to show them off! So cute.
It's my first time on your blog and I absolutely love it! Can't wait for more.
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Viv said...

love the striped top!




myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I think the wishbone necklace is so fabulous! I'd never want to break that little beauty.

Chic on the Cheap

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...