Which way to go?

| |







July 21, 2010

Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Skirt: Forever 21
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Seychelles (Urban Outiftters)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)
 
After four glorious days away from the office, I returned to work on Tuesday to find myself drowning in work. The day flew by so quickly that I never had a chance to snap a few outfit shots…well, that’s not exactly true. I did try to get a few while waiting for the bus after a happy hour in honor of my intern’s last day. Let’s just say I wasn’t quite looking my best.

I scored this skirt on the same trip to Forever 21 as when I picked up this shirt and necklace. I knew I wanted to wear this skirt today, but I just wasn’t sure how. When buying it I had a vision of tucking in a simple white tank and throwing my denim blazer over it, which is exactly what I put on the first time I got dressed this morning. I did like the overall look, but this skirt is both short and tight, and the blazer didn’t tone it down quite enough for me to feel comfortable strutting around my office of rather conservatively dressed older people. The first thing that came to mind was a button down. I resisted my immediate impulse to pull out my white button down, fearing that I might look a little too red, white and blue, and reached for my chambray one instead. This shirt is long enough to cover most of the skirt, and I really liked the bagginess over the fitted skirt although I looked a little frumpy. To remedy that, I grabbed a brown belt that I bought a while ago but had yet to wear and cinched the waist.

While taking these photos it occurred to me that this is the exact location of the photos for my first blog post almost three months ago. Not only was it the same location, but I was also wearing the same shirt and bag that I was in that very first post. I had to smile to myself recalling those very awkward first few weeks of taking outfit photographs. I’ve never really liked pictures; they seem so permanent and I just can’t commit to forever etching that moment into time. I also tend to shy away from attention, so dealing with the seemingly endless stream of people who are so fascinated by the sight of someone having their photo taken has also been challenging, to say the least. Starting this blog has been quite an interesting adventure and I look forward to watching its evolution. It’s too easy to get caught up in comparisons with all the amazing bloggers that are so inspirational to me, so I would really like to thank all of you who take the time to read my blog and especially those of you who leave comments. Your support truly amazes me!   

4 comments:

jemina said...

I so love and adore your style!!! and now I am following you via bloglovin, so so glad to have FOUND you, swooooonnnnnnnnnn!!! XOXO

T. said...

I just discovered your blog, and I have to say I love your style!! Definetely going to follow you!

Lynzy said...

LOVE this outfit. Your chambray look adorable with the belt and skirt. Jemina's feature on you was fabulous!

xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

T. said...

I just discovered your blog, and I have to say I love your style!! Definetely going to follow you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...