Tutu Tuesday!

| |



 

 

July 25, 2010

Tank: Michael Stars (Nordstrom)
Tutu: Forever 21
Bracelet: Adia Kibur (Gilt)
Headband: J. Crew
Shoes: Nine West
Card case: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc store, San Francisco)

I have to admit, I have was dying to break out my tutu again having only worn it once before. I decided to wear it to a very late Sunday brunch, thinking that it would be a perfectly sweet ending to my weekend. I had no idea how much attention a tutu would draw, so in response to all the stares and smirks I decided to toast my tutu with a few mimosas. Champagne and a pink tutu turned out to be a perfect pairing!

I love this outfit. I wanted to take it in a different direction than the last time I wore it, and like so many others, whenever I see a tutu, I have visions of the opening sequence of SATC. I drew inspiration from Carrie’s soft yet oh so chic ballerina look and decided to throw on a simple white tank. Already in love with the simplicity of the white tank and its uncomplicated neckline, I decided to only add a bracelet albeit a chunky one. Do those zipper edged flowers look familiar? This bracelet actually matches my statement necklace; I bought them with every intention of wearing them together but I have yet to find the perfect outfit with which to do so (if you have ideas, please let me know!). While I tried to resist my natural inclination to toughen up this look, I only partially succeeded. For a daytime tutu look, I wanted to go with flats rather than heels, but when it came time to choose a pair, these studded ballerina flats called to me. I, in no way, wanted to weigh down this light and cheerful look with a clunky bag, which is apparently the only kind I like, so I decided to pack my silver studded card case (see, more studs) with only my license and ATM card. I guess this ballerina just loves her some studs!

This outfit instantly lightened my mood. I wasn’t quite my usual sarcastic self. I felt almost giddy floating around in the tutu. While sarcastic Santina almost always goes for a savory breakfast; on this day, sweet Santina went for bananas foster French toast. I would say it has been at least ten years since I’ve had French toast! Feeling rather grateful for the elastic waistband and layers of tulle, I left breakfast determined to take some photos that reflected the playful spirit of this look. These are actually some of my favorites yet!

Tutu Tuesday was planned with two of my favorite bloggers: Ashley of Free Honey and Sarah from Mocha-Soy-Whippy.  If you haven’t checked out their blogs, you need to. Ashley is too cute for words, and I love her writing style because when I read it, I feel like I know her even though we’ve never met. Then there is Sarah…I don’t know about you, but I think the girls on the other side of the pond have a leg up on us. Everything Sarah wears is just so effortlessly cool.

Do you have a tutu? Send me a link! I’d love to see how you styled it!

7 comments:

the Citizen Rosebud said...

I don't have a tutu, but you make me wish I did.

The Daily Cake said...

Tutu's are awesome!! I used to have one and can't find it. You're making me really want to replace it.

Ashley said...

eeee tutu tuesday!! I woke up excited today, haha. My tutu post will be up tonight. Yours is such a bright shade of pink, it's unexpected and totally awesome. I felt quite light and floaty in my tutu as well. Thanks for the link and your kind words and I'll be sure to link you and Sarah in my post tonight!

xoxo, Ashley

jemina said...

OH WOW WOW WOW!!!! HOW I LOVE your TUTU!!!!!!! you look superb darling!!!! Love Love Love, XOXO, j

LookinFab said...

I've been thinking about getting a tut for a while now but wasn't quite sure.. Your post convinced me!! Gonna search ebay from top to bottom for a great tutu as the one you're wearing!

kerry, a fashion lover said...

love tutu Tuesday! I wrote a post on the beloved tutu a while ago.. still have not purchased one! You have reminded me I need one in my life:)

im following & loveing your blog:)

love kerry

http://alittlefashionromance.blogspot.com

Candycane said...

Great styling - I came over to your blog from free honey .. i'm glad i did!

:D

Sal xXx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...