Too cool for school

| |







July 26, 2010

Dress: See by Chloe (Gilt)
Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Boston)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Boston)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

As my time as a city dweller dwindles I feel obligated to get in one last wear of many of closet favorites, and this dress is definitely a favorite. I remember seeing this dress on Gilt and quickly putting it in my cart; sadly, I was in a See by Chloe frenzy and couldn’t resist another look at what was left, and by the time I returned to my cart it was gone. Never one to give up easily, I clicked refresh on my browser at least a thousand times and finally it was back! I clicked buy without hesitation, totally feeling like I had just won the imaginary competition in my head. Is it just me or do you feel victorious when you score something amazing at a sample sale?

Normally a drop waist isn’t flattering for my body shape (hello, hips!), but for some reason this one works. I love everything about this dress: the delicate pleating at the waist and back, the deep pockets, and especially the abstract, colorful print. It also transitions well from season to season, and I love wearing it in winter with a long cardigan and black tights. While summer has finally arrived in Portland, it is still quite chilly in the morning. I threw on my gray denim motorcycle jacket, which I have never worn with this dress, and just felt so cool. It really made me want to throw on motorcycle boots, but I will leave that for colder days. Since I wasn’t wearing boots, I decided to add some tough accessories: two spiky rings, a chain link band bracelet and a studded bag.

I tend to take all outfit photos at one time, but the morning was so gray and the afternoon so beautifully sunny and hot that I couldn’t resist snapping a few more. The last two were taken during my lunch at the food carts, and I have to say that while I loved wearing my motorcycle jacket I was more than happy to shed it and throw on some sunglasses for lunch!

9 comments:

jemina said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress so much!!!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

T. said...

Love the dress, the whole look actually!

jenna said...

V cute outfit! Followin u on twitter, looking forwrd toreading more of your blog!
jenna @http://ukfashiontrends.blogspot.com

erin said...

I'm sad I missed the Chloe dress. I missed so many good outfits while I was laying on the beach in Kauai :)

Copious Couture said...

I love that dress!!!! That pattern is awesome!



Carissa
http://copiouscouture.blogspot.com

Jesa said...

my God I love your hair and this look!!

lovely blog :)

cheers, Jesa

Kate said...

This dress is one of my faves that you've featured--the lower waist is so flattering and cute on you!

Style of a Fashionista said...

Wow I love this outfit the dress is perfection love how you styled xoxo

jenna said...

V cute outfit! Followin u on twitter, looking forwrd toreading more of your blog!
jenna @http://ukfashiontrends.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...