Same shirt, new style!

| |






July 28, 2010

Shirt: Forever 21
Skirt: J.Crew
Shoes: MIA (Nordstrom Rack)
Necklace: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

I’ve wanted to wear this shirt tucked into a skirt ever since I wore it on a Sunday date a few weekends ago. I’ve truly been inspired by the all the style blogs I read, and I love seeing someone take one item and transform it into something new with each wear. I will admit that has never been my strength. Call me a creature of habit, but I am definitely the type of girl who falls in love with a look from head to toe and really has to resist the urge to wear it in the exact same way over and over again. Does anyone else feel this way?

I knew I would need to find a skirt with a high enough waist to cover the shirt’s elastic waist, but I also needed one that was loose enough to avoid unattractive bunching of the hidden lower half. This denim skirt was just right. I added a pink belt with gold studs to add a little color and then completed the look with gold accessories: antique skeleton key necklace, a ring and pointed toe flats. Feeling like I needed a little more color, I decided to add this poppy colored bag. Despite being in a casual outfit, I felt very refined and flirty and I'm curious about all the other shirts I have in my closet that I never thought to transform by tucking them into a skirt.

I only realized after looking at today’s pictures that this look isn’t really so different from when I wore this shirt last. I think I prefer this shirt tucked into the skirt, but tell me what you think by voting below!






6 comments:

jemina said...

OMG!!!!!!!! how adorable you look, LOVE that pink belt and stripe is my FAVE!!! and I have the same ring too!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!! wishing you a wonderful day my dear!!! xoxo

Becca said...

So, I had declared that I would never wear a denim skirt again a couple of years ago. But, lately, I've been seeing so many different takes that are much more sophisticated than the A&F version of my teen years. I love this one, and I think it gives the shirt a really nice new twist.

I'll admit that I'm like you, I find an outfit I like and I stick with it and repeat it until I'm totally and completely sick of it. I'm working on it, but it's certainly hard to resist.

the Citizen Rosebud said...

You look so good in stripes, and I love the styling here. Simple, classic and funky. LOVE the skinny belt in bright pink, AND those amazingly shiny shoes. GREAT outfit!

My Republic of Fashion said...

I really love that shirt. Great outfit!SarahD:)

The Village Idiot said...

i actually like both looks- i am obsessed with striped tees this summer- especially if they have a "flashdance" feel to them!

Gem said...

You have such great taste, love your blog x


thegirl-and-thesea.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...