The return of the rain

| |


July 1, 2010

Shirt: BCBG Max Azria
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Bracelets: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Scarf (worn on bag): BCBG Max Azria (gift)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

I’ve mentioned in previous posts that the moody Northwest weather can make me (and my outfit choices) a bit moody, as well. After a week of sunny, warm days, coming back to cooler temperatures and Portland’s usual backdrop of gray skies didn’t exactly inspire me. Adapting to the Northwest took its toll on my wardrobe, and after my first year here, I noticed that what was once a color dominated wardrobe had been reduced to mostly black, white and gray. It’s not surprising that after seeing a forecast that included the return of the rain, I returned to my wardrobe staples of black, white and gray.

This blouse is a dream to wear; the soft fabric just floats around my body. I definitely like my upper body much more than my lower, and I like to highlight my favorite parts: my shoulders, collarbone and neck. I love how the delicate pleating at the top of this blouse seems to showcase my long neck. I added my boyfriend jeans and gray zipper peep toe shoes to balance the femininity of the top, and finished it off with a few bangles and silver rings. I needed to add some color to this look and immediately reached for this bag. I love the poppy color paired with shades of gray, and to add a little more color, I wrapped one of my favorite scarves around a handle.

I’m getting the feeling that I am about go on a fashion binge of scarves. I definitely get addicted to certain items and can’t resist wearing them everyday. I think I have a borderline addiction to boyfriend jeans right now. I literally have to stop myself from wearing them. What items in your closet are irresistible?


4 comments:

erin said...

My new navy and white striped St. James shirt. I would wear it every day, especially during this cold Portland summer.

erin said...

Oh, and your outfit is fabulous. No one can rock a scarf in as many ways as you, and you're about to expand the portfolio!

Ashley said...

I love how you always add a POP of color to your looks! It really brighten this all up. I'm sorry your gorge weather has already left you, I hope it comes back for the long weekend!

xoxo, Ashley

erin said...

My new navy and white striped St. James shirt. I would wear it every day, especially during this cold Portland summer.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...