Pretty in Pastels

| |






July 14, 2010

Sweater: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Shirt: Banana Republic
Skirt: J.Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Banana Republic
Bag: Louis Vuitton (gift)
Sunglasses: Michael Kors (Nordstrom)

After two days of weather that felt more like fall than summer, the sun and warm temperatures returned to Portland and instantly lightened my mood, as well as my outfit. I started with this delicate, billowy top that looks as though it’s been painted on with watercolors and decided to tuck it into a denim skirt. I don’t know about you, but I am intrigued by all the looks I’m seeing lately where a skirt is styled with a dress tucked into it, sometimes hanging out the bottom and others just appearing to be a top. I have yet to find a wearable dress and skirt combination in my closet, so I started out with this. Always fearing the arctic temperatures of the office, I added a lavender cardigan (hmmm...does this look familiar?). Not wanting to overpower this delicate and pretty look with accessories, I kept it simple with wedges, just one ring, a small bag, and sunglasses.

I have to admit that starting this blog has caused me to examine my style in ways I never had. I mean, I’ve always loved fashion but it isn’t something that I have to think about too much. Of course, I am not trying to pretend that there aren’t times that I really do consider what I’m going to wear. There are times when I nearly have a panic attack while trying to decide what to wear, but most of the time I just wear whatever I feel like and it all comes together naturally. The warmer weather brings more color and a feminine style that my winter alter ego would scoff at. How about you? Does each season bring a new you or do you generally keep the same style all year round?

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Very cute look. I love the light purple color. Just great!

thequeenofwanderlust.blogspot.com

K said...

that is totally my favorite Portland fountain! I love going there in the summer to cool off. I've noticed that warmer weather definitely brings out the more playful and colorful side of myself but since I've started blogging I've tried to keep everything more even. More...myself. No matter what the weather decides to do.

Becca said...

Seriously, starting a blog has been an exercise in self-discovery in terms of my writing, my style, and even my self-awareness. It's been quite the ride already! It's funny how I look at my wardrobe and see combinations I had never even contemplated before. Some of these girls in the blogosphere are quite fashion inspirations.

keep it up! You're definitely on my shortlist of new bloggers doing great things. This outfit is no exception to your consistently outstanding style. That blouse is BANANAS (and now I've taken on the speech patterns of Rachel Zoe. Must unchain myself from computer! Too much blogging!!)

style-haus said...

great look! love the wedges and of course the LV bag is fabulous!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

The Owl's Closet said...

great look! ur pics are gorgeous, as well. i love the waterfall in the background:) thanks again for dropping by my blog!

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Becca said...

Seriously, starting a blog has been an exercise in self-discovery in terms of my writing, my style, and even my self-awareness. It's been quite the ride already! It's funny how I look at my wardrobe and see combinations I had never even contemplated before. Some of these girls in the blogosphere are quite fashion inspirations.

keep it up! You're definitely on my shortlist of new bloggers doing great things. This outfit is no exception to your consistently outstanding style. That blouse is BANANAS (and now I've taken on the speech patterns of Rachel Zoe. Must unchain myself from computer! Too much blogging!!)

K said...

that is totally my favorite Portland fountain! I love going there in the summer to cool off. I've noticed that warmer weather definitely brings out the more playful and colorful side of myself but since I've started blogging I've tried to keep everything more even. More...myself. No matter what the weather decides to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...