Nothing will stop pink denim!

| |







June 30, 2010

Sweater: Gap
T-shirt: American Apparel
Skirt: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Scarf: Zac Posen for Target
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Necklace (worn as bracelet): Ralph Lauren (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Some days it really feels like the universe is telling me not to go to work. Today was one such day: started the coffee maker before jumping in the shower only to realize that there was no water in it just as I was going to fill my travel mug and run out the door…ran two blocks (in heels) once I saw that my bus was early and already at my stop…arrived at work to find our e-mail server down… Maybe I should have taken the hint? I didn’t, but luckily for me, my best friend (and one of my two regular photographers) also arrives at work at an unnaturally early hour, so we grabbed a coffee and took pictures in the morning light. I usually take photos in the afternoon, so I have to admit that the morning light combined with caffeine deprivation didn’t make for the cutest pictures. When I found myself having lunch in the exact spot I took pictures earlier, I couldn’t resist snapping a few more.

This pink denim skirt always makes me smile because it reminds me of the day I bought it. I ran to Nordstrom during my lunch break from jury duty selection, which proved to be an even more hellish experience than I expected. In order to make it through the rest of the day, I had to buy this skirt. I had convinced myself that this skirt alone could bring me luck in not being selected (and I wasn’t). I love how the bright pink denim updates a closet staple of a denim pencil skirt. While it was warm in the sun, it was quite cool in the shade; layers were definitely in order. I wore one of my most comfortable v-neck tees with an oversized cardigan and colorful scarf.

Scarves are one of my favorite accessories. Be it winter, summer, or anywhere in between, I love to accessorize with a scarf. It’s an easy way to add a pop of color and there is something very beautiful to me about the interesting ways that scarves drape. I have yet to find a way to wear a scarf in my hair; it seems to be better suited to long hairstyles. In the next few weeks, I will be forced to get creative with scarves. Once my tattoo is healed, it still shouldn’t be in direct sunlight for at least a month. In discussing this with my artist, she mentioned that wearing a scarf wrapped around my arm would be a perfect way to protect my tattoo from the sun. Granted, my first thought was Punky Brewster and I had images of myself with brightly colored bandanas on my arms. While she may have been my fashion icon when I was four years old, times have changed and I look forward to finding chic ways to wear scarves on my arm.
 

5 comments:

Olimpia Speculieri said...

I love your pictures,blog and the style :)

Becca said...

I'm always ion the hunt for some colorful denim, however I'm constantly eluded by the perfect piece! I love your pink skirt. If it's related to any hot pink skinny jeans, please give them my number!!

Hannah said...

You've got some great hair lady!
And some nifty rings on your fingers.

Becca said...

Perfect match with a scarf and skirt!

Olimpia Speculieri said...

I love your pictures,blog and the style :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...