My cat told me to do it.

| |






July 23, 2010

Shirt: Gap
Pants: J. Crew
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)
Hat: Gap

Today reminded me of why I decided a few years ago to work a four day schedule: working on Friday sucks! Usually I start the day by getting a few extra hours of sleep and heading to the gym for a long workout. Today started off when I opened my eyes, feeling rather refreshed for going to bed as late as I did, only to realize that I had never set an alarm! Usually I would completely freak out over such an oversight, but on the day after I submitted my resignation, I was nothing but grateful for the extra sleep as I strolled in late. I think this newfound laid back attitude is reflected in this relaxed look.

I bought this shirt yesterday because I really can’t resist striped shirts, not to mention it was on super sale. I wish I had the perfect pair of khakis but since I don’t, I paired this shirt with a rolled up pair of cargo pants. I decided to wear my cat necklace in an attempt to appease my cat, Marley, who was totally pissed off that I was going to work. When I asked him if I should wear it, he meowed what I interpreted as a yes meow and so it was (yes, I take fashion advice from my cat). I am in dire need of a pedicure and prefer to cover my toes until I make it to the nail salon, so I grabbed one of my favorite pairs of flats and this canvas Marc bag.

I didn’t own this hat when I got dressed but I bought it on a shopping adventure at lunch. I was really surprised to find that I like how this hat looks on me. Don’t get me wrong, when I have longer hair, I quite like to wear hats, but with short hair, it’s challenging to find the right hat. While I’m definitely attracted to menswear inspired looks (like this and this), I always like to feel feminine. All too often I try on a hat and find it looks altogether boyish and in an unflattering way. I decided to throw it on for my outfit pictures because I thought it would be a good test to see if this hat can be worn in the name of fashion as opposed to necessity (like when I am sitting on the beach everyday in the very near future). After seeing the photos, I think I like it but tell me what you think!

8 comments:

jemina said...

YAY!!! for the hat and the cat!!! you look absolutely stylish, you are a style maven my dear, a rare find!!! enjoy your weekend sweetie pie :)), mwah..................... XOXO

Cynthia said...

I always listen to my cats. They say "a little cat fur would look good on that".

The hat is cute!

Anna Katrina said...

im in love with your bag & fedora you look too cute!

stop by sometime<3
http://passportglamour.blogspot.com

the Citizen Rosebud said...

What a fantastic bag! Looks retro and built to fill. The color's great too, that kind of deep hue could go with almost anything.

maverick diva said...

i love your outfit!
and ur cute hair cut
love your blog, now following :))

http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com
http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com
http://themaverickdiva.blogspot.com

t said...

Love that tee!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

I think the hat totally works! I had bangs for a number of years and I always found it tricky to do hats with them. Love the top too, as I also cannot resist stripes!

xoxo, Ash

Helena from BrooklynBlonde said...

totally in love with your bag!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...