A little glitter can't hurt, right?

| |

  
  
 
July 11, 2010

Shirt: Sparrow (Urban Outfitters)
Shorts: Citizens of Humanity (cut off and given to me by a friend)
Belt: Forever 21
Shoes: Betsey Johnson (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

I spent the entire weekend in these cutoffs, and I love them a little more each time I wear them. For a Sunday afternoon spent shopping and having lunch at one of Portland’s many farmers markets, I kept it simple when it came time to choose an outfit. I still need to protect my newest tattoo from direct sunlight, and rolling the sleeves of a loose and light button down is a perfect way to do so while staying cool. Two minutes later I was dressed and deciding on shoes and accessories.

For a brief moment, I found myself staring at a far too country version of myself in the mirror. What looked adorable in my mind was a borderline costume in real life. I liked this black and white gingham shirt paired with these cutoffs enough to not want to change into something else, so I quickly changed my accessories and shoes. I adore mixed prints and always admire the confident ladies who effortlessly wear them, but it is one of the more challenging looks for me. Mixing in a cheerful print on my feet was an easy way to test the waters.

The colors and frivolous vibe of the shoes also perfectly matched my newly painted nails. Let me just say that I hate painting my own nails. I can at least give myself a decent pedicure, but when it comes to my nails, I usually end up taking it all off about fifteen minutes after I finish painting them. I am proud to say that for once I painted my own nails to my satisfaction! I think the key is the heart shaped confetti and glitter speckled clear coat that I painted over a bright pink shade…it’s very forgiving. I was hesitant to wear glitter nail polish, fearing I would look ridiculously childish, but I’m actually really into it and feel like it’s almost an accessory (after all, there is no sign of a bracelet or ring in these shots). What do you think? Is glitter polish best left to twelve year olds and drag queens or can we all indulge in a little sparkle on our fingertips?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Those shoes are just SO Betsey. I like how you uncountried your look (even though I love country music, so I prob would have totally supported you looking like a cute lil country bumpkin)!

xoxo, Ashley

hannah said...

cool wall, super cool heels! great look :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...