I blame it on the tutu!

| |






July 29, 2010

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Shirt: American Apparel
Skirt: Kensie (Sloan Boutique, Portland)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: BCBGeneration (Nordstrom)
Bag: See by Chloe (a gift)

I think starting the week off with a tutu really influenced my choices for the entire week: day after day I reached for dresses and flirty skirts. In all honesty I really wanted to wear my tutu every single day; sadly, I resisted so nothing but girly looks would suffice. This purple ombre skirt always makes me feel really sweet, but to avoid looking overly sweet, I toned it down a little by pairing it with a simple mens black v-neck with the sleeves rolled a few times. To add a little edge to this look, I added a mixed metallic layered chain necklace and my silver bag. I wore my military jacket for a rather brisk walk to the bus stop, as well as to keep warm in my overly air conditioned office. I loved the addition of this layer; the army green is perfect with the purple tones of the skirt.

As I’ve mentioned before, my outfit photos are kindly shot by either my boyfriend or best friend. On this day both of them were unavailable so I turned to my friend, Kate, for photos. She was more than happy to help me out, and it's really fun to see her style of photographs (she loves a diagonal shot). The day before Kate and I took a trip to what we consider to be the best Forever 21 in Portland, and while I mostly picked up cute accessories, including this belt, Kate left the store with some amazing finds. She looked so adorable while taking these photos that I couldn’t resist snapping a few of her. It was really fun to be on the other side of the camera and the pictures came out so well that I will feature Kate in my next post! After all, it was Kate’s birthday that prompted the purchase of my beloved tutu, so I think she more than deserves a feature. Don’t you?

2 comments:

jemina said...

Wow you are so sweet!!! everyone is lucky to have you as his/ her friend, and I see that you are a master at layering, great and fab choices as always!!! enjoy your weekend darling, HUGZ, J, xoxo

Style of a Fashionista said...

I have really enjoyed looking at your last few posts love your style xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...