Everyone's favorite dress

| |






July 8, 2010

Dress: Betsey Johnson (Betsey Johnson, Portland)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (Nordstrom)
Bangles: H&M (H&M Newbury St., Boston)
Rings (two on one finger): Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc store on Newbury St., Boston)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

Everyone loves this dress. Men and women, young and old, this dress is an all around crowd pleaser. By lunch, several of my co-workers proclaimed that this was their favorite of all my dresses. I have to admit, I’m right there with everyone else: I, too, love this dress! It doesn’t transition well into other seasons, so it really is a summer dress, and I was very much looking forward to bringing it back as soon as the weather allowed.

I can’t think of one thing that I don’t love about this dress. The color of the crocheted layer is so bright and youthful, and the white sheath underneath adds to the pretty and sweet aesthetic one expects from Betsey Johnson. As with all of her clothes, this dress fits me perfectly and the length is just right: short enough to be flattering but not so short that the dress loses its innocent vibe. I have worn this dress many ways, playing with accessories and shoes to make it new each time. On this day, I wore a pair of white flats and a bright bag and finished it off with Lucite bangles and a few silver rings.

I always feel pretty in this dress, and let’s face it, everyone should have (at least) one item like that. Do you have something that you know will make you feel pretty as soon as you slip it on?

1 comments:

Becca said...

I hate to just jump on the bandwagon and be a lemming, but I'm going to agree with the consensus - the dress is great! I have a few favorite pieces in my wardrobe, and I know that for me, when I'm wearing something I love it just automatically puts a spring in my step and puts me in a good mood (hey compliments never hurt either!). Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...