Dear, Geometry: I still hate you, but I do like your style!

| |






July 7, 2010

Cardigan: BP (Nordstrom)
Dress: Theory (Saks)
Belt: Forever 21
Necklace: Adia Kibur (Gilt)
Shoes: BCBGGirls (Nordstrom)
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

I’ve always been a math and science kind of girl, a definite left brainer, but geometry escapes me. Aside from being a very awkward, very tall girl subjected to the usual middle school shenanigans, geometry was the low point of those years. I’ll never forget the scar it left on my otherwise perfect report card, but I have put those days behind me and now find myself drawn to geometric prints. I think the repetition soothes me on some level. I once read an Andy Warhol quote with which I really identified: “I like boring things. I like things to be exactly the same, over and over again.” While I like to think I embrace change gracefully, there are sides of me to which boring things really appeal. Not that I would describe this outfit as boring…

With temperatures expected to hit 100, there was no other option but a dress. This dress is lovely on a hot day; the light fabric just floats away from my body and the pleats give it great movement. I don’t always wear this dress belted, but since I would be wearing a cardigan while in the frigid confines of my office, a belt gave the look some much needed shape. I added my bib zipper flower necklace because I thought the circles balanced the severe lines of the print on the dress. To compliment the patent black belt, I added these peep toe pumps and my L.A.M.B. clutch, which has patent accents.

I’d like to see old Pythagoras put together a better summer look!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

Thats my favorite dress!

Sarah said...

i love this dress so much!! hope you're enjoying the hot weather!! xxx

My Republic of Fashion said...

Love this outfit. Fantastic dress and necklace.SarahD:)

Elle Sees said...

i HATE math, but i LOVE that dress.

♥ myrrh goldframe ♥ said...

i love your hair cut, definitely stunning .love your blog also. <3

Ashley said...

hahahaha, you're too funny! I actually really liked geometry (dork alert). I notice your new tat is showing! I don't think I've noticed your paw tattoo before either. How many do you have?

xoxo, Ashley

Diya said...

wow... what an awesome dress! the clutch totally tops it off. :) and yeah in response to your comment on my blog... everything "knee-length" is an awkward length... so is everything that's supposed to be "floor-length"

hannah banananan said...

I love how your hair matches the whiteness and angles of the dress! I just died my hair cotton candy pink hmmm mybe i should match every thing to my hair hehehe!!
Its to bad how math pops up every were :)
love your blog!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Love the dress!

Becca said...

Well this is definitely the upside of geometry. The classroom stuff I could do without. Enjoy the weekend!

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

Love the dress!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...