Cute in cutoffs

| |







July 3, 2010

Shirt: Forever 21
Shorts: Citizens of Humanity (a gift from a friend – Thanks, Erin!)
Necklace: J.Crew
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Coach (Nordstrom Rack)
Bag: Tressje (Nordstrom)
Scarf (tied on bag): Zac Posen for Target
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel on Newbury St. Boston)

From the minute I tried these shorts on, I knew I would wear them every chance I got. A friend took scissors to her favorite pair of jeans and following the instructions of Jessica from What I Wore created this amazing pair of denim shorts. Sadly for her (but oh so luckily for me!), she only then realized that they weren’t quite the fit she had hoped for in shorts. I was thrilled to acquire this perfectly worn in and frayed pair of shorts. There are so many ways to wear denim shorts, and I can’t wait to wear these again and again and again.

I love this athletic inspired v-neck paired with these shorts, and this basic look can go in so many directions. For a sunny stroll with my boyfriend to grab lunch followed by frozen yogurt (I’m addicted) I went for a decidedly girly approach. I love the pastel colored ribbons of this necklace against the heather gray shirt, and I completed the look with accessories of the same soft palette of the necklace: a metallic lavender belt, patent magenta ballet flats, and a gray bag. As predicted, I’m a bit obsessed with wearing scarves right now. This colorful safety print scarf was right where I threw it after wearing it last, and it begged to be worn again; I couldn’t resist wrapping it around the strap of my bag.

I love how delicate this look is despite being a ripped pair of denim cutoffs and a gray t-shirt. I get addicted to wearing certain clothes together, and I can definitely see myself pulling this look out weekend after weekend this summer. It’s a laid back summer look that’s both basic and classic, letting my accessories do all of the talking. Today they seemed to whisper sweet nothings…or maybe it was just the frozen yogurt that was sweet.

5 comments:

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

I could never get away with wearing shorts (my legs = STUBBY), but I am in love with your flats! So cute!

Eat, Sleep, Denim said...

Really cute cut offs, I love it.
Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

erin said...

Ahhhh, so happy to see them living happily with you :) Love the outfit.

Passion4Fashion said...

I love this outfit on you. You are right, the shorts are perfect.

Passion4Fashion said...

I love this outfit on you. You are right, the shorts are perfect.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...