Crazy cat lady in the making!

| |






July 2, 2010

Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Jeans: Levis (Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Banana Republic
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

I started off my four day weekend by sleeping in and going out for a rather late brunch. It seems whenever I go to brunch, I am in a rush to get ready and this day was no exception. I threw together this outfit in very little time. With cool temperatures and dark clouds threatening rain, I thought it might be an ideal time to give my boyfriend jeans a little break and return to my skinnies. There was a time when I wore these black skinny jeans as frequently as I now wear my boyfriend jeans. As a result, they are perfectly molded to my body and one of my most comfortable pairs of jeans. I also like that they aren’t long enough to slouch at the bottom like my J Brand skinny jeans. The shorter length makes them more versatile: from classic when paired with ballet flats to rocker chic when tucked into motorcycle boots, these jeans never fail me.

I added my oversized chambray button down with the sleeves rolled up. I really like wearing blue and black together and this is a completely new way for me to do so. I added this playful cat necklace because I haven’t worn it in a while and I absolutely adore it. The pendant is actually a pin, so it can be worn alone or on the chain. I decided to pin it up while on the chain and loved how it turned out. I realized that despite being from different collections years apart, my big canvas Marc tote matches the color scheme of the cat perfectly, and I couldn’t resist wearing it. I finished it off with my black strappy wedges and ran out the door.

I love how just one accessory can totally make an outfit, and this cat necklace seems to do so every time I wear it. What accessory do you reach for when your outfit needs that extra something?

1 comments:

Becca said...

Love your cat necklace. I have a thing for weird animal jewelry...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...