Carlton Banks, I underestimated your style!

| |

 






July 6, 2010

Shirt: Gap
Skirt: J.Crew
Bow tie: American Apparel
Ring: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Shoes: Franco Sarto (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)   

I love this bow tie! Love it, love it, love it. This outfit put me in such a good mood all day long. I could not help but smile, and I am not really the smiley type. I definitely felt like a different version of myself in this look, and for some reason, from the moment I put it on, I felt like I was channeling a girly Carlton Banks (and hopefully not a Carlton Banks in drag)! Is that Barry Manilow I hear?

I have been waiting to wear this outfit. I put it together pretty much as soon as I got home with that adorable bow tie in hand. I love the boyish charm of the yellow striped bow tie paired with the blue striped button down shirt. To keep it feminine I went with a skirt, and this denim one fit this look perfectly. I finished it off with patent yellow espadrilles, my lovely Marc Jacobs bag, and my piggy ring (as seen here and here).

For such a geeky chic look, I had to visit the library for pictures. It was actually really fun and felt a little scandalous as we were pretty confident, if seen, that we would be told to stop taking photos. Libraries always make me a little nervous. Whenever I need to be quiet it seems I can’t, and once I start laughing there is no stopping me. Once we got back outside to the world of audible speech, I just couldn’t hold back any longer…I needed to do the dance just once.


7 comments:

Becca said...

Who woulda thought that Carlton Banks would be a style inspiration for the fashion blogging set! I've never thought to wear a bowtie, but I will confess to a strange affinity for men in bowties (guess someone's a little hot for teacher!) You look adorable. Glad you're finally getting some good weather in portland so you can rock your skirts and shorts!

Anthea said...

Love this outfit! You look great. LOL at the Carlton Banks reference.

Anthea,
Embracing Style

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

You have the cutest shoe collection! Love these sunny yellow sandals!

erin said...

I should be blowing you up with comments for this outfit. This may be one of my favorites so far. Can you dance in more of your pics? Maybe a step shuffle or two?

Ct. Lumiére said...

I love how to made the school-boy look feel summery :] Very cute.

erin said...

I should be blowing you up with comments for this outfit. This may be one of my favorites so far. Can you dance in more of your pics? Maybe a step shuffle or two?

Ct. Lumiére said...

I love how to made the school-boy look feel summery :] Very cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...