Candy canes in summer?

| |





July 12, 2010

Shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Bracelet: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Nine West (6pm.com)
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)

I am slightly neurotic about checking the weather forecast. I will admit to watching The Weather Channel just to hear the soothing music of the “Local on the 8s” even though my iPhone app gave me the power of time and any minute can be an eight. The calming effect lessened the blow of seeing a high temperature of a full twenty degrees lower than the day before, and I was excited to slip into a pair of boyfriend jeans. Can you believe I went an entire week without wearing them?

After a week of sunny summer weather, it was hard to suppress my immediate urge to dress myself in only black and gray; despite the downturn in the weather, I managed to put together a cheerful outfit for a Monday that turned out to be quite consistent with the rather unpleasant weather. I don’t often wear red, and I passed on this same shirt in a blue and green combo in an effort to diversify my wardrobe, which, at the time, was dominated by blues and greens. This one oddly evokes images of pink, red and white swirled candy canes, and the thought of bringing the delight of the holiday season to a summer shirt was one I could not resist. I finished this look with cutout wedges and my screaming lady bag. And yes, on this day, there was no debate: she was screaming!

2 comments:

Eat, Sleep, Denim said...

This is very cute, I love those shoes.
Eat, Sleep, Denim <3

Becca said...

God forbid I dress according to my mood on a Monday or I would end up in something all grey with tear drops drawn on my face in eyeliner. Mondays are the worst (spoken like someone who had a really bad Monday!)

Glad to see you in a cheery outfit and your boyfriend jeans! Don't let those Monday Blues get you down.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...