Ahoy matey!

| |


July 13, 2010

Striped shirt: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Gilt)
Button down: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Jeans: J.Crew
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Mossimo Supply Co. (Target)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc store on Newbury St. Boston)

I have to admit that Monday left me feeling slightly defeated. When it came time to get dressed and go back to the very place that sucked the life from me just the day before, I, unsurprisingly, went straight for comfort. I was actually very close to wearing this outfit without the striped layer, but with cool temperatures reminiscent of fall and my own dismay with the thought of wearing a jacket in July, I needed another layer. With all the navy and stripes, this look felt quite nautical, and I spent most of the day dreaming of being on the ocean.

This outfit came together quickly in a domino effect. I started with a very basic and very classic look: dark rinse skinny jeans and a white button down. Once I decided to add the navy and pink striped shirt, I had to wear my navy and white striped flats. The shoes went so perfectly with this navy patent bag, which has accents in a brighter blue that is the exact color of the letters on my necklace. I threw on a gold ring and was ready to take on the day!

I love wearing a white button down; I could wear one every day and never be bored because the possibilities are endless. Despite being rather prone to food and drink spills, I am obsessed with white shirts, and there is something so minimally chic about white button downs. I think my appreciation for a good white button down first started with Uma Thurman in Pulp Fiction. I absolutely loved her longer cut button down with those black cropped pants. It was minimalist perfection…until she was stabbed in the heart with an adrenalin shot, of course. That might have made the look a little less chic, but just a little.

2 comments:

Chandler said...

Fun necklace!

http://chandler-freshstart.blogspot.com/

The Owl's Closet said...

love this outfit! i've been somewhat obsessed with the nautical look lol i agree, white shirts, especially button downs, are the best! they're just so versatile:)

TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...