Adios, Portland!

| |






July 22, 2010

Shirt: H&M (San Francisco)
Tank: Banana Republic
Jeans: J.Crew
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Nordstrom)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc by Marc Jacobs, Boston)
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs (a gift)

I started out the day both anxious and excited. I had been planning this day for so long and yet somehow playing it out over and over in my head wasn’t enough to calm my nerves. I think this somewhat bohemian inspired look was my last attempt to do so. Blue is definitely my favorite color (since I wouldn’t quite classify black and white stripes as a “color”) and I love the varying shades in this flowy top. To balance the volume, I added skinnies and leg lengthening pointed toe flats. I stayed in the color scheme with my accessories, adding a bag of mixed blues and purple sunglasses.

And now for what put me into such a tizzy: I quit my job today! For quite some time, my boyfriend and I have been planning a break from the working world. We (and our darling cat, of course) are moving to Mexico to spend at least six months living on the beach doing absolutely nothing but just what we want! After six gloomy and rainy Portland winters, I am more than excited to have a little sunshine in my life. Not to mention I will finally be free of my wetsuit for the foreseeable future. Surfing without a wetsuit in Oregon is not an option, and I have to say that I despise them. Seriously, a more unattractive article of clothing has yet to touch my body.

So, what does this mean for the blog? Well, for my last month and a half of city living I will surely be pulling out many of my favorite items in anticipation of saying “see you later” when I put them in storage. After that I look forward to the challenge of making the most of a limited wardrobe in sometimes often heat (I love the heat) while living in a small beach town. I’m not one to plan too far ahead so I can’t predict much more than that. For now I’m just really, really excited…I love that I don’t know where I will be next year at this time.

Oh, and one last thing: Just as I was thinking that nothing could make this day better I find myself in my very first feature by the very lovely Jemina. I am so beyond flattered to have a woman who rocks looks like this and this call me fearless!

9 comments:

Becca said...

Congratulations on all the exciting things you have going on. I'd be lying if I tried to pretend I'm not insanely jealous of the new chapter in your life that is about to start. I've always wanted to do something spontaneous like this (you may be getting some emails from me on logistics if I ever decide to make it a reality)! I hope you'll keep up with the blog while you in Mexico and document your personal journey while you are down there.

I couldn't be more excited for you!! xo

Ashley said...

Ahhhhh!' this is so exciting! I wa so worried you were going to say that you wouldnt be able to blog in Mexico! I think you (and BF) are so brave and adventurous and I can't wait to follow along with you through all of this! Congrats!!

Xoxo, Ashley

jemina said...

Cheers to Happy Beginnings!!! Enjoy your new life adventure!!! Best wishes, Love, hugs n Kisses, J, xoxo
PS: can't wait to see how you overcome the heat with your fabulously stylish do!!! keep in touch darling!!! XOXO
PPS: Blue is definitely your colour, wonderful choice :) !!!

Santina said...

Wow, I am really feeling the love these last few days! Thanks so much for all the well wishes.

I look forward to sharing this next adventure with you all!

MOUSEVOX VINTAGE said...

How exciting for you! You're bold decisions make me feel inspired!

Chelsey said...

I think you'll have to get a bit more creative to create daily blog posts when you're in a bikini every day :D

Orphin Lasz said...

Your haircut is absolutely, tremendously beautiful! I LOVE how it looks on you, gorgeous! ; u ;
You look so feminine and delicate, yet edgy!

~ Orphin's Domains ~

Chandler said...

Love your hairstyle!

xox
Chandler
www.chandlersfreshstart.com

Savannah said...

I didn't realize you lived in Portland previously! I live in Eugene, I'm so sick of the bad weather!

savannah-joyofliving.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...