True Colors

| |








June 21, 2010

Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
Shirt: BCBG Max Azria
Pants: Theory (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift from a friend)
Bangles: Express and See by Chloe (Nordstrom Rack)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift from my boyfriend)

For quite some time I admired harem pants from a distance all the while thinking they would look completely absurd on me. Luckily for me, I will try on anything and ended up with this pair!

I honestly love nothing more than a black and white outfit; I especially love black and white stripes. For me, acclimating to life in the Northwest meant embracing wearing black, and before I knew it, a once vibrant wardrobe was now almost entirely black and white. I’m pretty sure I only wore black and white for months straight the winter before last until I forced myself to bring some color back…but sometimes I just can’t fight it!

I was comfortable in this outfit in every sense: not only did I feel like I was in pajamas all day but this outfit is totally reflective of my personal style and to an extent my personality. I am a very black and white person; there is no gray. I am straight to the point, no ambiguity here, and I don’t think it’s by coincidence that I am most comfortable in black and white. I added a few pops of color with my accessories, including an armful of bangles and a purse with neon pink accents, and then a little more black with my favorite (watch) necklace and Ray Ban sunglasses. I finished it off with a very well loved pair of open toe booties. I love this outfit.

What do your favorite clothes say about you?

5 comments:

Closet Confections said...

Very nice. I thought the same thing when I first saw harem pants, but these look great on you!

Kendra

http://closetconfections.com

LyddieGal said...

I love this outfit too! You can't definitely pull off the pants, but I'm still in the category of 'those will never look good on me' hahaha.

I love your booties and blue polish, so great!

Chic on the Cheap

Kelly said...

Awesome accessories!!

<3 Kelly
sourtang.com

K said...

I saw you taking these pics! I was walking on the waterfront for my lunch and there you were. I actually didnt know about your blog until I saw you taking these and the next day there you were on Jessica of What I Wore's page for the safari challenge. I love your style and Im glad I found your blog. So nice to see someone else in this town likes to play with clothes :)

Closet Confections said...

Very nice. I thought the same thing when I first saw harem pants, but these look great on you!

Kendra

http://closetconfections.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...