They say it's your birthday!

| |




June 5, 2010

Jacket: Alexander McQueen for Target
T-shirt: Eight Sixty (Nordstrom Rack)
Skirt: Forever 21
Belt: BCBG Max Azria
Shoes: Steven by Steve Madden (Nordstrom)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift from our dear photographer)
Bag: L.A.M.B. (Nordstrom Rack)

Saturday was spent celebrating a friend’s birthday a little early since her birthday falls on Tuesday. We spent the afternoon relaxing while getting manicures and pedicures, followed by frozen yogurt. Afterward, we headed to my house to mix up a few cocktails and get ready for the evening. When it came to the dress code, the birthday girl had but one request: dress sassy! I think I can say with confidence that mission sassy was accomplished. 

When I want to find something with just the right amount of ridiculousness, I always head to Forever 21. While the clothes are ill fitting for the most part, I can usually find something that will work. I actually tried on a similar tutu back in March while shopping for my own birthday but passed on it. When I saw this watermelon pink one, I knew I had to have it! I planned this outfit right after I bought the skirt. I couldn’t resist playing dress up with such a fun skirt, and I immediately put together several outfits that I liked almost equally. Who would have thought that a pink tutu would be so versatile? In the end, I decided “rocker ballerina” was the sassiest of the bunch.

I added a baggy, black t-shirt with a crooked pocket that is dreamily soft. Next, this studded belt, of which I just can’t get enough. Seriously, I love this belt! The studs are of a variety of sizes and metals. I have worn it over dresses, skirts, tunics, sweaters, and even winter coats. These open toed booties are one of my favorite pairs of shoes, and since I just got a pedicure, I thought it was time to show off my toes. To finish off the look, I added my favorite necklace: a Marc by Marc heart shaped watch necklace. With no rain expected, I didn’t need to lug around an umbrella, so I took advantage and wore this L.A.M.B. fold over clutch. My Alexander McQueen for Target gray denim motorcycle jacket was the perfect layer later on in the night.

Having gone for what felt like years (although realistically more like a week) without sun, the sunshine on Saturday just begged for a tutu and I was more than happy to oblige!

4 comments:

erin said...

Only you could make Forever 21 look so good. :)

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

I too am impressed that you can rock Forever 21. Sometimes I see people who say they got stuff from that store, but I get so overwhelmed whenever I go there I can never find anything.

Maybe you need to write a style guide? Where to, how to, etc?

I could use some style guidance, that's for sure!

The Village Idiot said...

love this look!!!
that skirt is a awesome f21 find!!! is this a recent find?

Monique said...

LOVE IT!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...