There was sunlight for only ten minutes...I couldn't help myself.

| |






June 9, 2010

Cardigan: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Saks)
T-shirt: BDG (Urban Outfitters)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (freepeople.com)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)

After a one day tease that left me ready for spring to finally come (after all it is almost summer), the rain returned and brought a cold front with it. When I feel like all I want to do is stay home and hang out with my cat, I know I need to aim for comfort but, just as importantly, something that will make me happy. It’s not as though I can look to the weather for inspiration, at least not if I want to wear something other than gray. This outfit is a perfect blend of comfort and cheeriness.

With mixed stripes and bright colors, this cardigan is definitely one of my favorites. I wanted this sweater from the moment I saw it online, and seeing it in person at the Marc store in San Francisco reaffirmed that I had to have it. Just as I was about to buy it, I realized that I had made this mistake many times before: purchasing something that I could easily buy in Portland in a state that has sales tax! One of the best things about Portland is that there is no sales tax. So, as soon as I returned home, I immediately bought it. The first time I wore it, I somehow managed to get an ink stain on my elbow. Luckily, a trip to the dry cleaners did the trick, but, that being said, I am notorious for staining clothes on the first day I wear them! Does this happen to anyone else?

A cardigan is a cozy choice for colder days and it’s just so comfortable, especially when paired with my favorite boyfriend jeans. To finish off a somewhat boyish look, I added one of the newest additions to my shoe collection: these nude oxfords. I would like to say that I searched and searched and searched to find the perfect pair of oxfords. These were exactly what I was looking for: feminine and neutral. I knew I wanted to wear them with dresses in warmer weather, and I thought the nude color would be perfect for doing so. I am definitely a heels kind of girl. I feel a little self conscious wearing flats with a dress, so the leg lengthening skin tone of the nude patent leather is perfect.

Just as we walked outside to snap a few pictures, it started to downpour, but about ten minutes later the sun came out…one might say I got a little excited.

2 comments:

erin said...

You are one hot bitch.

Monique said...

Omg I freakin love this look! Forever21 has a cardigan that looks just like that! I loveee ur outfits and ur hair is so unique. New follower! lol.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...