Sun, glorious, sun!

| |






June 24, 1010

Dress: a 3 + 1 (Sloan Boutique, Portland)
Shoes: Banana Republic
Bracelet: Tasha (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Fillmore St. San Francisco)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

The warm spell continues and it is truly intoxicating! Before living in the Northwest, I completely underestimated the impact of going months without sun; it’s just unnatural and extremely depressing. One could argue that it makes the return of the sun that much better, but I think it’s more accurate to say that the weather dichotomy here in Portland has made me bipolar. I am so down in the winter and so high in the summer; it’s an emotional roller coaster! Having a tendency to dress how I feel, my style is also a bit bipolar. I spend most of the winter in black and gray, boots and studs, and tons of layers, but in summer I am all about dresses, colors, and playful looks.

I started out my day wearing my denim blazer over this dress, but by the time of these pictures, it was much too warm to continue wearing it. I think this dress is really flattering; the fitted bodice paired and flirty ruffles are perfect for disguising my hips and the short hemline is leg lengthening. It is the print of this dress that really makes me love it. The pixelated floral print is only discernible from a short distance, so it’s a bit unexpected. I kept it simple with the accessories: black patent bag, black wedges and sunglasses with a pop of pink on my arm.

These shots were taken on the way to a happy hour in honor of a friend’s birthday. It was the perfect evening for sitting on an outdoor patio having a few drinks and many laughs with friends. Whether the winter makes the summer that much better is debatable, but one thing is certain: when the sun does come back, I have to take advantage of it!

3 comments:

erin said...

Those are some of my favorite pictures yet.

Becca said...

I think you have a leg up over the rest of us when wearing floral dresses... with your haircut, you have this automatic sweet and rough mix going on! Love this look on you. Happy to hear that you're having some nice summer weather. Boston has been a little too warm lately!

Becca said...

I think you have a leg up over the rest of us when wearing floral dresses... with your haircut, you have this automatic sweet and rough mix going on! Love this look on you. Happy to hear that you're having some nice summer weather. Boston has been a little too warm lately!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...