A stroll in the park

| |


 

 



June 11, 2010

Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Shirt: BCBG Max Azria (Nordstrom Rack)
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Belt: Gap
Shoes: Banana Republic
Pig ring: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

I love Fridays. Friday is the start of my three day weekend, every weekend, and I get to do whatever I please. And that’s exactly what I did on this particularly lovely Friday. My boyfriend and I went for a rather late brunch and then for a stroll in the park.

I pulled this outfit together in about ten minutes. After spending the morning at the gym, I was starving by the time we decided to go out for brunch so I needed to get ready quickly. (Believe me, no one wants to be around me when I’m hungry.) My first instinct is always to grab my boyfriend jeans; the last few times I’ve worn them, I’ve taken a more boyish approach but today I definitely wanted to be girly. It felt like spring and I was off to drink a mimosa with my beau! I topped the jeans with this sweet, striped shirt and a lavender cardigan. It was warming up but it was still a bit cool in the shade. Having worn flats the last few days, I wanted some height and these basket weave wedge sandals were perfect for this look.

Choosing a bag consumed the majority of the ten minutes I had before my hunger turned me sour. Once I caught a glimpse of this one’s dust bag, I knew it was the one. Oh, my beloved Marc Jacobs bag! I have to tell you about this bag. It starts with my love of all things Marc; be it Marc by Marc, Marc Jacobs or Louis Vuitton, the man can do no wrong by me. I first saw this bag while watching the Spring 2008 runway show on my iPod during a bus ride into work. When it arrived at the Nordstrom across the street from my office I marveled it in person knowing that, while I loved it, I simply could not have it. That was only until I saw it at Nordstrom Rack for about a third of the original price! There was only one, and I saw a few fashionable ladies eyeing it while I checked it out. There was no way I could give this bag much thought. Returning it to the locked rack for consideration would surely end in heartbreak, so I bought it and never looked back!

5 comments:

Becca said...

I love the pig ring, it's so adorable. I'm also really digging your boyfriend jeans. I've been on the hunt for a pair that looks good on me, but unfortunately I've been coming up short.

erin said...

I've never seen that shirt on you! LOVE that outfit. The piggy ring is perfect with your Marc bag. I should have sucked it up and come to brunch with you!

IFB said...

That ring is to cute!
xoxo
Cara from IFB

Diya said...

love the pig ring and the lavender paired with stripes... refreshing!

http://diyainherstilettos.blogspot.com/

Free Honey said...

I can't get over your ring, such a cute lil piggie! I love how you girlied up your BF jeans, nice job!

xoxo, Ashley @ Free Honey

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...