A spring dress does not make a spring day

| |



 

 


June 14, 2010


Cardigan: BP (Nordstrom)
Dress: See by Chloe (Mercantile, Portland)
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (freepeople.com)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St Boston)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St Boston)
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel on Newbury St Boston)
Bag: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom)

In retrospect, I might have been a little ambitious when I chose this outfit in an attempt to will the weather from returning to rain and gray. Three days of sun and warm temperatures left me delusional; I actually thought summer would come to Portland. Monday came and slapped me back into reality.

Despite the moody Northwest weather, I was happy with my choice. I love this dress, and it was stowed away in my closet for far too long. The delicate print and soft pastel colors make it ladylike, but the short hemline keeps it youthful. I’ve never worn this dress with flats, but I have been dying to wear my nude patent oxfords with a dress. The nude color is not only leg lengthening but also perfectly fits the romantic vibe of the dress. I added a light layer with this gray cardigan; I love mixing neutrals right now, especially gray and nude.

To brighten up this subdued look, I added this bag, which looks much more red in these photos than it actually is (it’s more of a deep reddish orange). I couldn’t resist adding at least one tough element, and I achieved that with this necklace. At first glance it appears to be a simple charm necklace, but a closer look reveals a pirate sword, noose, and skull.

The brief taste of spring inspired me to reacquaint myself with my spring and summer wardrobe and I look forward to finding new ways to wear old favorites. Is there anything in your closet that you can’t wait to pull out for the first time this season?

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Such a soft, pretty look! I really like how you kept the shies nuetral too and just left the bag as your only pop of color. Glad sunshine is makin it's way to Portland!

Xoxo, Ashley

erin said...

I just love that dress... All the more reason to go to Merchantile tomorrow :)

erin said...

Er, Mercantile without the h.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...