Sometimes pink tights just aren't enough.

| |




June 2, 2010

Denim Blazer: Gap
T-shirt: James Perse (Nordstrom Rack)
Skirt: Hinge (Nordstrom)
Tights: We Love Colors (http://www.welovecolors.com/)
Shoes: Nine West
Necklace: Banana Republic
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Bag: See by Chloe (Gift from my boyfriend)

When The Weather Channel’s severe weather alert included the phrase “the moistest of moist” weather (cringe…I detest the word "moist"), I knew it wouldn’t be pretty so I had to be. This denim blazer is the last of the items purchased during my denim frenzy (see Monday Blues and Let’s roll, Carrie!), and at first I didn’t think it would see the outside of my closet all too often. That was until I tried it with skirts and dresses and realized it is a perfect layer since apparently spring isn’t coming to Portland this year. The pale denim pairs nicely with the pastel dots of this sweet yet flirty skirt. The pink tights keep up the pretty factor and feel like a fresh take on tights since it’s still not warm enough for bare legs. I finished it all off with lace up oxford heels, a chunky chain link necklace, two rings (on one finger), and my fabulous, silver See by Chloe handbag. I love the hardware on this bag, especially the mixed metallic zippers.

Without the smallest possibility of dry weather, all we could do was wait for the rain to slow down somewhat before running out for a few pictures. We went to the nearest location with at least some cover: a sustainable park with rain gardens. It turned out to be a good choice; it started down pouring about one minute after we arrived. I am over this weather. Days and days of rain and no hope of anything else in the five day forecast can get even a girl in pink tights down.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...