Silver sky, silver shoes

| |






June 10, 2010

Jacket: Gap
Dress: Moulinette Soeurs (Anthropologie)
Belt: Forever 21
Tights: DKNY (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Sam Edelman (Solestruck Portland)
Necklace: Marc by Marc Jacobs (gift)
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St Boston)
Bag: See by Chloe (gift)

The gray skies and rain definitely influenced my choice of this look. Whereas the sun brought out the color in me, the gray skies brought out an almost entirely gray (although far from boring) outfit. 

I’ve had this dress for a while and worn it quite a bit. Back when I bought it, I was rocking black hair with a shocking blue patch, and I loved how the colors in the dress matched my hair. Several cut and color changes later, I still love it just as much as the day I bought it. I don’t always wear this dress belted, but I wanted to add a little more color to this outfit. I really like knotting long belts, and this braided blue one is perfect with this dress.

I added gray tights because it was too cold to go without and I just couldn’t bring myself to wear black. It’s June! I don’t want to be wearing tights at all! As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, I prefer to wear heels, so if I am going to wear flats with a dress, they need to pointy toed to lengthen my legs. I bought these shoes about a year ago, and I have worn them to death. Considering my price per wear approach, these shoes were definitely a wise choice.

I adore this bag with this dress and with these shoes, so wearing them together made choosing a bag easy. I added two rings on one finger and my favorite necklace, a heart shaped watch necklace. I almost wore my gray denim Alexander McQueen for Target jacket, but it seemed a little too much. I swapped it out for this denim blazer, and I really like how the light denim plays up the blues in the dress and my belt.

Although an all gray outfit could come across as a bit pessimistic, this outfit felt anything but. All the silver brightened up the gray, and the whimsical pattern of this dress made me (dare I say?) optimistic that the sun might come out again. Maybe.

3 comments:

Phuong said...

the dress looks good on you!

Nancie said...

I love this outfit especially the shoes, super cute. First time on your blog and I love it, I'll be sure to visit again http://www.fashionablenotebook.blogpost.com

Nancie said...

I love this outfit especially the shoes, super cute. First time on your blog and I love it, I'll be sure to visit again http://www.fashionablenotebook.blogpost.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...