Safari Chic: Take Two

| |




June 19, 2010

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Shirt: Trouvé (Nordstrom)
Jeans: J. Crew
Shoes: Cynthia Vincent for Target
Scarf (worn as belt): BCBG Max Azria
Bracelet: H & M (San Francisco)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Louis Vuitton (My mom)

This is my look for the What I Wore Safari Chic Style Challenge. Having recently found myself wearing something that I considered safari chic, I wanted to take this challenge as an opportunity to find a new way to wear this trend.

I recently pulled this military jacket out of a storage container from what feels like a past life. It has a detachable hood, and I much prefer this jacket without it. I love a classic white button down. I honestly think I could wear one every day and never feel bored because they’re so versatile. This one is a boyfriend cut and pairing it with a boxy jacket prompted me to anchor it with a belt. I've worn this pink leopard print scarf many times but never thought to wear it as a belt before. I think I will try to find new ways to wear scarves once if summer comes to Portland.

To finish it off, I added my Louis Vuitton bag because its classic print seems to evoke a utilitarian quality that fits the jacket. And, of course, my Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges…because if I was on a safari I would definitely want to wear five inch wedges.

This won't be my last attempt at safari chic. In the process of deciding upon this outfit, I tried on a few others that I am excited to wear. I just need some warmer weather!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

loving the pink scarf as a belt! so unusual but it really pulls the outfit together! Great wedges too xx

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

The pink scarf against the green jacket is lovely!

BarelyVogue said...

great look. Visit my blog to win a fun contest I am having right now
xx
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

Ashley said...

AHHHH! Those Cynthia Vincent for Target wedges continue to taunt me from the feet of other people! I want them SO BADLY but couldn't find them anywhere grrrr.

All jealousy aside - they do look great on you, my dear! Like how you added the pink scarf to spice up the safari color palette.

xoxo, Ashley

BarelyVogue said...

great look. Visit my blog to win a fun contest I am having right now
xx
Sahi
www.barelyvogue.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...