Pretty in the Park

| |





June 23, 2010

Cardigan: Halogen (Nordstrom)
Dress: J. Crew
Shoes: Jeffrey Campbell (freepeople.com)
Ring: BCBG Max Azria
Bag: Marc Jacobs (Nordstrom Rack)

The warm spell went straight to my head and I dizzily put together this outfit, which was unusually sweet for me. After what feels like the longest winter I’ve experienced in Portland, I am deliriously happy about sunny days in the high seventies and wanted to wear something fresh.

I bought this dress a few weeks back and could not wait to wear it, but since I refused to wear tights with it, this was my first opportunity to do so. When I first saw this dress, I actually thought it was a romper and was a little disappointed, but I find bubble hems to be delightfully frivolous despite not being the most flattering. I wanted to keep the rest of the outfit as soft and feminine as the colors and print of the dress, so I added my lavender cardigan and nude patent oxfords. Deciding on a bag was easy; I loved the colors of this bag paired with the lavender cardigan when I wore it last.

Fearing the all consuming gray will return and throw me into the depths of depression, I plan to take full advantage of the warm weather. It’s so fun to finally dig into my spring and summer clothes. I love when the seasons change and my clothes feel new again, and I’m having fun reacquainting myself with my spring and summer wardrobe. I see lots of dresses (without tights!) in my future…

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This is a very soft look for you! I like it though - maybe if you show the sun how much you appreciate it, it'll stick around.

Xoxo Ashley

Lynzy said...

I fell in love with the J Crew dress the second it entered stores. I own it as well. Looks great on you!

xo Lynzy
http://fromskirtstoskillets.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...