A pig, a screaming lady, roses and me

| |


 
 



June 29, 2010

Shirt: American Apparel
Jeans: Rich & Skinny (Nordstrom)
Shoes: Banana Republic
Ring: Sloan Boutique, Portland
Bag: Coach (Nordstrom)
Sunglasses: Chanel (Chanel on Newbury St. Boston)

Finding the right clothing to cover my healing tattoo is more challenging than expected. I have to admit that, as dramatic as it may sound, I feel rather oppressed when my outfit options are constrained, and right now, I need to cover my arm at least to my elbow. I guess, for once, I can appreciate the cooler weather here in Portland; it sounds like just about everywhere else in the country is facing sweltering temperatures which would make wearing longer sleeves completely unbearable.

This shirt was perfect because since it’s a men’s shirt the sleeves are cut looser than many of my other shirts. I love the delicate pink gingham print, especially paired with my light wash boyfriend jeans. The woven wedges make these shoes feel fresh despite being black. I finished it off with cheery accessories: my rather photogenic pig ring and my screaming (or is she laughing?) lady bag. And, while this outfit could be perceived as a bit boyish, I actually felt nothing but feminine in it.

What makes you feel the most feminine? For me, it’s a tie between mini dresses with hot heels and (unsurprisingly) menswear looks…although I think it all depends on exactly how hot the heels are...

4 comments:

Rebecca, The Clothes Horse said...

Cute ring!

Becca said...

Love the pig ring. I'm always drawn to odd animal jewelry. Unfortunately, F21 tends to be drawn to it as well, and even though a lot of my baubles are cheap and come from stores like H&M and F21 - I don't want them to look like they are from there. I'm not sure how to fix this dillema.

As for feminitiy. I feel my most feminine when I'm wearing floaty summer dresses, especially anything floral or that looks like it might be from the field scene in Virgin Suicides. I love that you're able to rock a menswear look and still feel girly - in my case, menswear looks just leave me feeling unlike myself - they're just not my typical style.

Ashley said...

I totally get the oppression you feel, I try to think of it as a challenge instead. Sometime a more positive outlook helps! Luckily, your tattoo should heal soon and then you can figure out how to flash it!

I feel most feminine in dresses, for sure. Esp when my shoulders are exposed. Although I do think that a great pair of jeans that fits reallllly well can be totally feminine too. Do you like Rich&Skinnies? I've never had a pair...but I like those.

The nail polish I'm wearing is actually a green, It's Sally Henson Extreme Wear in Green with Envy.

xoxo, Ashley

Ashley said...

I totally get the oppression you feel, I try to think of it as a challenge instead. Sometime a more positive outlook helps! Luckily, your tattoo should heal soon and then you can figure out how to flash it!

I feel most feminine in dresses, for sure. Esp when my shoulders are exposed. Although I do think that a great pair of jeans that fits reallllly well can be totally feminine too. Do you like Rich&Skinnies? I've never had a pair...but I like those.

The nail polish I'm wearing is actually a green, It's Sally Henson Extreme Wear in Green with Envy.

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...