No hippie here!

| |





June 18, 2010

Cardigan: Express
Dress: Zac Posen for Target
Shoes: Rock & Republic (Gilt)
Necklace: Forever 21
Sunglasses: Ray Bans (Saks)
Bag: Treesje (Nordstom)

I will admit that I had no intention of being on trend if it meant wearing tie dye. I went to school in Vermont…I have seen enough tie dye for a lifetime. I didn’t need to see it when I looked in the mirror. That was until I tried on this t-shirt dress early on the Sunday morning that the Zac Posen for Target collection hit stores. I had yet to wear it, so with a forecast that included a break from the rain and temperatures around 70, I knew it was making its debut, and I knew it had to be anything but hippie.

It wasn’t quite sunny, but there was some light so I decided to wear my Ray Bans. My bangs were just trimmed, and I love the length with these sunglasses. With the sunglasses the dress felt a little more rock than jam band, so I added tougher accessories with studded shoes and bag and ran out the door.

I like these photos because you can see the tattoos on the inside of my wrists in each one. It wasn’t intentional, but it seems they made their way into every shot. They are the actual paw prints of my cat and dear friend whose time was cut much too short a few years ago, and it really feels like they belong exactly where they are.

Next week at this time I will have a new tattoo...I am giddy with excitement.

5 comments:

erin said...

You better wear something cute for your tattoo apt cause I'm taking pictures!! I love that outfit. I swear you're saving the best stuff for when I'm not around.

Sarah said...

Loving your dress, the pink with the pink shoes is awesome! i want your shoooooes! xxx

erin said...

Someone's been working on her blog :)

LookinFab said...

It's sad to loose a loved pet, they do become an integral part of life... Loved the fact your tattoos have such a special meaning.
I must say I really like your wardrobe and probably would have worn quite similar outfits if I had the legs for it:)

Kate said...

And what will you wear for your tattoos! Hopefully there will be pics of you getting it in an awesome outfit :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...