Military Jacket Remix

| |



 

June 22, 2010

Jacket: UO (Urban Outfitters)
Dress: Diane von Furstenberg (Nordstrom Rack)
Shoes: BCBGGirls (Nordstrom)
Necklace: BCBG Max Azria
Rings: Marc by Marc Jacobs (Marc on Newbury St. Boston)
Bag: See by Chloe (gift from my boyfriend)
Sunglasses: Ray Ban (Saks)

Now that the NBA finals are over, I can bring purple back into my life albeit begrudgingly. I mean, did this lovely DVF dress have anything to do with the miserable loss of my beloved Celtics? No, I don’t think so.

I put this look together while trying to decide on an outfit for the What I Wore safari chic style challenge. It didn’t make the cut that day, but I knew I would break it out as soon as it was warm enough for bare legs. Everywhere I look lately I see dresses styled with military jackets, and I needed to get in on that. I’m quite pleased with my first attempt and already have ideas for next time.

I love the bold print of this dress, and like all things DVF, it is flattering and amazingly comfortable. Seriously, this outfit could not be more comfortable...well, maybe yesterday’s outfit was more comfortable, but it’s a close call. I really like the purple paired with the green of the military jacket, and olive shades feel like a much fresher neutral than my go to black. The sleeves were still rolled from last time I wore this jacket, and I liked that the three quarter sleeves of the dress were exposed. For accessories, I was all about metallics: a mixed metallic layered chain necklace (a favorite that I haven’t worn in a while), silver, spiky rings and my metallic See by Chloe bag.

The sun came out and we finally got a taste of summer (although more like spring), but sadly, it’s not here to stay. I can’t stand the thought of the rain and gray coming back but until then I’m just going to ride out this Vitamin D high…

3 comments:

Life of a Doctor's Wife said...

I like how the dress and shoes mixed with the jewelry and jacket make you look both girly AND funky. Very cool.

Are the shoes wedges or pumps, BTW?

The Village Idiot said...

love the color combo!

Ashley said...

I haven't completely gotten over the NBA finals yet - we had to put one of my brothers on suicide watch after the game. But I do really like the purple and green color combo here, it somehow isn't loud (like it sounds like it would be.)

xoxo, Ashley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...